An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Where is the 10 amp fuse on my delonghi...
Hi, I take it that this is a combi microwave? Some of these have settings on the front to microwave/grill/etc... so make sure its on the right one first!!
If you have selected the correct one then the m/wave does not work it could be several things!
Microwaves run to earth and need diodes to do this if these break down it will not m/wave! It could also be a internal fuse? ( but very unlikley if everything else works) Then you have the Mag or transformer which could be down to! M/waves run on a high power side and a low power side. The low power will not hurt you to much but the high power side will. My advice to uou is not to touch as it could be fatal as these things carry a high charge even when they are unplugged!
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unplug microwave or shut off house breaker. Remove grill or cover that goes across the top of door and control panel.Remove screw that holds control panel on and lift up on control panel. It will tilt downward and has 2 tabs at the bottom that go into slots. It can be lifted out of those slots.The fuse should be seen at the top area in the microwave behind where the control panel was mounted. Fuse is usually small 1/4 round type fuse like old type car fuses that were glass but the micro fuse will be either a white of gray ceramic fuse not glass. Some are 15 amp some are 20 amp. Usually stamped on end of fuse.
First thing is make sure you unplug the power cord. Turn the microwave around and remove the screws that hold the cover on. Remove the cover and look for where the power cord goes through the back of the unit. Follow the black wire coming from the power cord and that will take you to where the fuse is located. It might be on a small circuit board or mounted in a fuse holder or it might have an inline holder. Make sure that you replace the fuse with the same amperage fuse as you take out. You will find the amp rating stamped into one of the collars on the fuse. Good luck!
It's most likely a burned magnetron, and it's usually as expencive to replace than a new oven but since yours is equiped with a grill and conventional oven check the prices it could be worth changing...
Thank you for using FixYa. Several things could be the cause.
1. The high voltage fuse could have blown. This looks like a small white cigar tube with a wire coming out of each end.
2. The thermostat or stat. could be faulty. This looks like an oversized watch battery mounted on an oval plate with two terminals on it.
3. Inside the micro wave oven usualy on the right hand side, there is a "window" where the microwaves are emitted from- this could be broken.
These are the most commen problems, and are fairly cheap to replace. anything other than these, consider replacing the microwave.
sorry for that.but you have listed your problem in sewing machine -- coloum --- and also you have not listed any kind of model or brand name of the unit.
you had listed your first question in this option as follows :-- "Problem for Sewing Machines".
still in the second question no model or brand is provided by i will give you the troublshoot manual to check out the problem as if the unit turns off in seconds that means there is a internal fuse which can be faulty.
Q - My microwave seems to shut off every once in a while, what might be wrong? A - Make sure you hear the fan is still operating in your microwave. Next is to make sure the air intake grill on your microwave is not plugged up with air borne dust and dirt. Use an old tooth brush to help clean off the grille area. Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food? A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. Q - My microwave went dead when I opened the door ( same problem as closed the door ). A - This often is a stuck or faulty door switch and it has blown the interior microwave fuse. -------- also click this link directly for more help on microwave http://www.applianceaid.com/micro.html ----------- This
will help. Thanks please keep updated.please do rate
the solution positively .thank you for using fixya.
9 amps is approx. correct. Does magnatron make an odd sound when running? If not, you will need to discharge cap then clean terminals with alcahol. Replace diode as well. Should run correctly.If blows again, replace magnatron. Suggest you put a 12 amp fast blow fuse in circuit and nor a 20 fuse.If you dont have a grill or an oven, use a 10 amp fuse.
The micro wave part is not working in your oven. It is mainly due to to
the defect in the magnetron and the related components like high
voltage side fuse and high voltage diode etc. you can check the fuse
and the diode with a multimeter. If they are ok replace the magnetron.