Question about Lexmark X8350 Print, Scan, Copy and Fax All-in-One Multifunction Printer Plus Photo w/USB Printer ...
LIGHT IS JUST BLINKING, IT WILL NOT TURN ON OR OFF THERE IS A BLINKING BLUE LIGHT WHERE THE SCREEN IS. CAN YOU HELP?
Please follow the instructions given below to know exactly when the light is blinking:
1. Disconnect the USB cable and the printer power cable.
2. Please disconnect the power supply from the back of the printer.
3. Then remove the cartridges from the printer.
4. Please reconnect the power supply back and turn on the printer.
5. If lights are blinking then printer encoder strip is most likely the problem. Unplug the power from the printer. Open the front cover and move the cartridge carrier to the center. You should see a white ribbon cable, a thin plastic strip and a black belt with teeth.
6. The thin plastic strip is the encoder strip. It rides in a sensor on the back of the cartridge carrier that you will not be able to see. Reach in with the first finger of either hand and carefully strum the strip as if playing a guitar.
7. The strip will need to be lowered slightly and brought towards you slightly. Please be careful not to break the strip or your printer will not function. Once you believe the strip is set correctly, plug the power back and let us know if the lights are still blinking.
8. If you cannot repair the strip, please let us know so that we can assist you further.
Please Note: Fixing the encoder strip is a delicate procedure. During the troubleshooting, if the strip breaks, you will not be able to use the printer. We will replace the printer, only if it is under warranty.
9. However, if lights are not blinking then try inserting one cartridge at a time and check if you can see any lights blinking. If light blinks with one cartridge then that cartridge is defective.
Next, lets try to print the self test.
Begin by disconnecting the power supply from the wall (not the back of the printer) for at least "30 seconds." This is essential. Then plug the printer back in and follow these steps:
1. Press the "Copy" button.
2. Press the "Menu" button.
3. Press the down arrow button once or until the screen displays "Maintenance."
4. Press the check mark button to select the "Maintenance" menu.
5. Press the down arrow button three times until the screen displays "Print Test Page."
6. Press the check mark button to select this. The Self-Test will start printing.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either black or color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously.) Should this test fail, try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with the color cartridge installed. (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed.) If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let me know.
your's tech expert
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2012 | Lexmark Z2420 Printer
Jul 11, 2010 | Lexmark X73 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 30, 2009 | Lexmark C533DN InkJet Printer
Sep 06, 2008 | Lexmark X7350 All-In-One Printer
Mar 13, 2008 | Lexmark X7350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 01, 2007 | HP PhotoSmart 7350 InkJet Printer
Apr 18, 2013 | Lexmark X8350 Print, Scan, Copy and Fax...
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!