Sony KP-43t75 - Front panel buttons and IR sensor stopped working
I touched the channel changing button on the front when I was loaded up with static electricity. There was a rather large shock, and now the tv turns on and off by the front panel power button. Picture and sound are fine, but none of the other buttons and the remote control does not work anymore. I have the service manual and the tv apart, but I cannot isolate the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated! - Rich.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Take remote control far away from tv - 3rd or fourth room. Then switch on tv. If uncontrollable scrolling stops , then cause may be remote button (Ch+ or Ch-) has got dirt inside and its shorting.
2. If taking remote far away doesn't stop scrolling then (Ch+ or Ch-) button on front pannel has shorted. Take a cutter plier and care fully remove button from its circuit board. ( If you know desoldering, it is far better than cutting). If scrolling stops then you can operate channel change with remote.
To enter into the convergence service of your sony, follow the steps below;
Press "Menu" on the remote control. Use the up- or down-arrow button to move the cursor to "Setup" and then press "Return."
Use the up or down arrow to move the cursor to "Convergence" and press
"Return." This will bring up the convergence-adjustment screen.
Press the up or down arrow to move the cursor to the line you want to
adjust (either vertical or horizontal for red and blue) and press
Press the up or down arrow again to move that line until it converges with the center green line and press "Return."
Repeat to adjust the other lines until all three lines converge and are seen as a white cross.
Press "Menu" to exit the convergence menu and return to the original screen.
You can as well follow these steps;
Press the "Power" button to turn your TV on.
Wait at least 30 minutes before you adjust the convergence in your
television. This allows your TV ample time to warm up before you make
Turn your TV to a cable channel or to an antenna channel with a picture
that you can see. A music channel with a static shot of music notes
isn't the kind of picture you need. Instead, look for a picture like
what you would see on a movie, sitcom or drama.
Press the "Flash Focus" button located in the front panel on your TV.
You may need to open a hidden compartment on the front of your TV to
access this button. The convergence will repair itself automatically
after you hit this button. It may take several minutes.
Any of the two processes are detailed steps on how to enter your convergence service.
check to be sure your remote is sending IR signal, with
a smart phone camera hold remote IR eye in front of camera and click any buttons on remote, you should see
a light coming from IR eye. If no light emitting, remote needs to be replaced.
The Sony RM-YD029 Remote control will work with the Dish Network VIP722 DVR HD Satellite Receiver, but the Dish Network VIP722's Primary remote address must be set to 1.
The procedure below will allow Sony RM-YD029 remote control to operate Dish VIP722.
Using the Dish Network Remote Control - 1. Press menu 2 times to get to system info page 2. In the system
info page the primary remote address is in a white box (bubble) followed by a Green TV (1)symbol that
says IR and indicates you the channel your remote control one is
configured. The Sony RM-YD029 will work when this primary remote address number (in the white box) is set to 1.
If the Primary Remote Address of your VIP722 Remote control 1 is not set to channel 1, here is how to change it:
1. While displaying the system info page, press and hold the SAT button on your dish network remote until all other modes are flashing, about 3 seconds. 2. then press the '1' button on the numeric pad of your dish remote 3. then press the '#' button on the numeric pad of the dish remote 4. then press the 'record' button (red dot button - stores setting) 5. At this point you should see a number 1 in front of the primary remote address on the dish system info page
Ensure you enter the corresponding IR code into your Sony remote control per the instructions in the manual or Sony's web site. My 722 works with Sony IR code - 01775.
There maybe another signal coming from somewhere causing the problem. Try blocking the IR sensor in front of the TV. If that stops it, your next step is finding the source.
If blocking the sensor doesn't work, check out the buttons on the TV itself. It may have a sticky or damaged button. The volume down button may have went bad.
You sure the graphics are being produced by the TV? If you are using a cable box, it may be coming from there. The other pssibility is a stuck button on the front panel. That can cause displays to come up without warning and won't go away until you get the button unstuck. Try wiggling all the front panel buttons.