Trying to connect a Sega Genesis. I know it's connected properly to the place where the cable wire goes and then that is connected to the connector. What channel do I go to to play the games?
The input from the Sega wont be on any channel number - you need to select the correct input for the Sega using the "INPUT SELECT" button on the Symphonic remote control supplied with the TV. Switch on the TV the Sega, then press this button repeatedly until you can see the picture from the Sega.
- If you are using the sockets on the BACK of the TV, the correct input is "VIDEO 1"
- If you are using the sockets on the FRONT of the TV, the correct input is "VIDEO 2". You can also switch to the "VIDEO 2" input by pressing the "GAME" button on the Symphonic remote - if you still have it.
If you don't have the Symphonic remote, look for a button marked "INPUT" or "SOURCE" if you are using a universal remote.
If you don't have any remote for the TV, you will only be able to use the sockets on the front of the TV. You will then need to switch to "GAME MODE" by using the buttons on the front of the TV:
1. Switch ON the TV and the Sega;
2. Press the MENU button;
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to open the PICTURE MENU;
4. Highlight GAME MODE using the CHANNEL UP/DOWN buttons;
5. Set GAME MODE to "ON" using the VOLUME UP/DOWN buttons;
6. Press MENU again to close the menu
You should now be able to see the picture from the Sega. If not, check you have correctly connected the Sega to the TV. When you have finished using the Sega you will need to use the method above to switch game mode off again.
Hopefully, I've covered every possible angle. If you have a different Symphonic TV model from the one listed above (ST420FF), the method should be similar, but if you have any difficulty, please post back for further assistance.
Jan 16, 2011 |
Symphonic ST420FF 20" TV