Question about Computers & Internet
Just purchased new emachine laptop with windows Vista and installed office enterprise 2007 and cursor is frozen and will not move. Do you have any solutions before I return it?
Before you plan to return make sure you have done some or all of this things first:
1. Did you reboot after you installed the Enterprise 2007 ?
2. Did you make sure that if its a USB mouse that it is securely connected to the USB port ?
3. Were you able to move your mouse without any problem at all before the software installation ?
4. Have you had this problem before the installation of Enterprise 2007 ?
5. Have you done all your software and windows updates ?
6. Will the mouse work when booting into Safe Mode ( pressing F8 during re-boot before Windows Vista loads) If it does then your softwares need to be updated.
7. Did you check you device manager to see that theres no yellow exclamation anywhere in the Mice and othert pointing devices or under the USB controller section?
8. Is there a legacy USB port to be activated on your computer BIOS ?
If the installation caused your mouse to be frozen then try and uninstall the Enterprise 2007 by using your keyboard and tab to the programs uninstall.
If your mouse still doesn't move after doing all of the above things
then try another new USB mouse. Sometimes you may have to wait for several seconds (even up to a minute for new usb mouse detection) before the USB mouse cursor will move. If the second new USB mouse still wont work then return it to where you bought it as it could be faulty usb connector
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2012 | Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise (License...
on Aug 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 23, 2010 | eMachines eM250-1915 Netbook
Oct 26, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Apr 25, 2009 | HP Pavilion DV7-1020US Laptop
Jan 29, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Jan 21, 2009 | Microsoft Office 2007 Basic for PC
Aug 27, 2008 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
1,520 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!