Question about Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
I have a belkin n wireless modem router f5d8633-4. ihave blue lights on all connections except internet which is flashing amber and will not connect to internet
They are Time Where You can fix Belkin router in just few simple Steps -
follow these basic steps first before we jump into any
troubleshooting steps -
Step 1 Restart the Modem than after 20 sec restart the Belkin wireless router .don't be confuse when we say restart we just have to unplug the power and wait for 10 seconds and plug it back.
Step 2 Sometimes its your firewall that blocks the internet connection . Please check and update the antivirus .
Step 3 Make sure time and Date is correct on the computer .
Step 4 Go to the device manager and update you LAN and wireless Adaptor
Now follow the onscreen instruction for more visit-
Why Belkin Wireless Router Connected But No Internet
Posted on Apr 20, 2017
I received this solution from Belkin. It worked for me & I hope it does for you. Good luck!
Please follow the details given below:
1. Please contact your internet service provider to know the connection type details (Is it PPPOA,PPPOE, Dynamic or static)
2. Belkin router F5D8633 ADSL router works only with ADSL broadband connection and does not support Cable broadband connection.
3. Do not use the Setup CD Assistant; reset the unit and configure it manually. Make sure to set the correct VPI/VCI values in the process as the default settings may not be correct.
4. When using PPPoA, always use VcMux encapsulation, when using PPPoE, always use LLC encapsulation. Keep the VPI and VCI as 0/38.
5. Please follow the instructions given below to configure the router manually:
- Connect the phone line direct to the router, or through the filter.
- Connect the computer to one of the LAN ports on the router.
- Switch off the router and power it back after 5 seconds.
- Restore the router to factory defaults by holding down the reset button on the back of the router.
- The power light will flash and then come back ON solid, indicating that the router is being restored to factory defaults.
- The corresponding lights on the router should be lit-up.
- Check if the computer has an IP address in the range of 192.168.2.x
- Click on `start` & click `Run`.
- Type in `cmd` & click `ok`.
- Type `ipconfig` and Enter. Check for IP address, subnet mask & Default Gateway.
- If not, specify a static IP address, gateway and DNS by following the steps at http://web.belkin.com/support/kb/kb.asp?a=2824
Then follow the below instructions to reset IE.
-Open Internet Explorer
-Click on Tools -> Internet Options
-In the General tab, click on Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files
-Click on Clear History
-In the Connections tab, select Never Dial A Connection and click on LAN settings
-Uncheck all the options and click on OK
-In the Advanced tab, click on Restore Defaults
-Click on Apply and then OK.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window and on the address bar please type in http://192.168.2.1 and click on go.
- You should be able to access the routers set up page.
- By default the password is blank.
- Click on Connection Type and Reconfigure the connection on the router (using your ISP details).
- Save the Changes.
Note: Please obtain the correct values regarding the Internet connection from your Internet Service Provider.
Internet Status should show Connected on the top right hand corner of the web page.
If the problem persists, please get back to us with the following information given below:
1. Type of connection provided by the ISP (Is it PPPOA,PPPOE, Dynamic or static)
2. The ADSL light status on the router. Please let us know if the ADSL light status on the router is solid or flashing.
3. ADSL broadband connection or Cable broadband connection.
4. Operating system on the computer and the version number for the internet explorer like IE 6 or IE 7.
5. Internet Status shows as Connected or Disconnected on the top right hand corner of the router web page.
Log on to the router web interface at http://192.168.2.1
- By default, the password is blank.
- Click on Security log under "Firewall" option (let us know the message you see under the security log or send us the screen short of the message you see under the security log)
6. Then, check the IP address of the computer. For checking the IP address:
- Click on start & click `Run`.
- Type in cmd & click `ok`.
- Type IPCONFIG and Enter. Check for IP address, subnet mask & Default gateway.
- The IP address should be in the range of 192.168.2.x (x=2 to 254)
- In the command prompt type PING 192.168.2.1 & Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
- Type, PING 126.96.36.199 & press Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
- Try pinging yahoo by typing PING yahoo.com and Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
The simple solution:
On factory reset the VPI and VCI defaults to 1/32, change this to 0/38
Posted on May 30, 2009
I have the exact same problem - worked fine for past 7 months, then "poof - complete fail".
the modem works fine connected directly to PC; once i connect the router i get the orange strobe on "Int. Connection"
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
UNder the properties section of your wireless connection, make sure the tcp/ip is set to obtain the IP address automatically.... same for the DNS
Posted on Feb 20, 2009
Reset it by putting something sharp like a paper clip into the Reset hole on the back and hold for 15 seconds. Now wait for all the lights to stop flashing and remain on. You should be able to connect now, if not, then change the microfilter or call your ISP and ask them to test the line.
Hope this helps
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2014 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
May 28, 2013 | Belkin Wireless Play Router (F7D4302)
Oct 08, 2012 | Belkin Connect N150 Wireless Router...
Nov 05, 2011 | Belkin (F5D8235-4) Wireless Router
Dec 09, 2010 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Jul 26, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Jan 11, 2010 | Belkin Wireless-N Wireless Router with...
May 10, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Feb 01, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Mar 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 08, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
1,234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: