For days now, every time I try to print, I get an error 5700 message. I have no idea what this means...can someone please help me?
I tried to check for a paper jam, something with the ink jets perhaps, connections and shut down and back on again and it is the same problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Aug 2, 2013 - Uploaded by Brother Office
... to Clear the "Unable to Print" Message from the Brother PrinterDisplay ... please help me.. my printer ...
It means that the printer is unable to clean the print head number(s) 46. The print head is located under the ink cartridges. Remove the cartridges, and you should see a plastic piece with a hole in it to put your finger under and snap open. This allows you to see the print heads. The print heads look like a sponge type dabber on top of a plastic case. Grab a hold of the print head and pull it out. Look for ink that has spilled behind it or on any of the brass colored computer connections. use warm water and a lint free cloth to scrub it off. Press the print head sponge with your finger and make sure that ink primes and fills the head then put the printer back together and try a test page. If you stll get the error then you need to contact brother for a print head replacement.
The messages unable to print, unable to clean, unable 36, error 46 and error 32 are all print head errors.
1. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine 2. Clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself with a small amount of warm water or alcohol on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
Note: if any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
3. Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds 4. Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message 5. Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If it is it means the print head has failed and in order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced. The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself.
I appreciate the opportunity to help you. Try the following:
Check dependency services on Print Spooler ================================ 1.Click "Start", input "services.msc" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter". 2.Double click the “Print Spooler” service. 3.Choose “Dependencies” Tab and remember the services name. 4.In the service list window, find the dependency services and try to start them. 5.Please try to start the “Print Spooler” service again.
See if this helps. If it does, please fill in the rating of my service to you. Thanks for using Fixya.com