Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
You probably scrambled some files and will lose something. Great that XP works.Try this:
- Type in the following exactly (not the quotes)
- it will ask you a question. Answer is:
The checkdisk utility will run, delete any "broken" files, then reboot. Broken files will not be replaced. You may be lucky and not lose too much.
Next time you feel the need to run System restore, you can do it from a regular logon. I don't think you'll be unplugging anymore, and that's a good thing. :)) Don't feel too bad, it's a learning experience.
You do back up regularly don't you? Yes? Good.
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
There's lots of freeware and shareware on the Internet. Just Google "shareware games" and you'll get pages and pages full of sites..
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2014 | Computers & Internet
May 15, 2013 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Feb 09, 2013 | Gateway NE56R10u Laptop
Feb 01, 2013 | HP Computers & Internet
Dec 04, 2012 | Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT...
Mar 22, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
1. Place you finger on the on/off sensor leave it their until you console turns off then take you finger off the sensor.
2. Place your finger back on the on/off sensor leave it their until you hear 2 consecutive beeps then take your finger off.
3. Once the safe mode screen comes on select the option PS3 SYSTEM RESTORE.
NOTE: A PS3 system restore will delete all data except the OS. I recommend backing up your console onto a USB flash drive if possible.
Feb 26, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
1) Place you finger on the on/off sensor keep it their until your console turn off. Remove your finger.
2) Place you finger back on the on/off sensor keep it their until you hear 2 consecutive beeps then take your finger off.
3) Choose the last option PS3 SYSTEM RESTORE.
NOTE: A system restore will delete all saved game data. It is recommend backing up your console if possible.
Feb 12, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Aug 09, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Mar 10, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!