An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: Ipod Touch 8gb problems
Ahhh, everything has suddenly become very clear :) All is well and there is nothing wrong with your ipod. Heres what you need to do.
First, install the very latest version of iTunes onto your PC or Mac - Download it from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ Tip: Uncheck the two boxes and don't enter your email address
Once that's installed, start iTunes up and connect your iPod to the computer via a USB2 port (any on a laptop but not through a hub; on a PC tower use only one of the USB ports on the rear of the machine, ie, none of the ports on the front) - It's gonna need charging (That's what the Batt symbol is showing) so leave it for a good 2hrs.
While it's charging I'd recommend spending some time familiarizing yourself with the user guide - it explains alot of these symbols and more importantly how to get started with your new iPod. You can download the manual from here: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipodtouch
When it's good and charged then follow the onscreen instructions for the iPod on iTunes. You have to register the iPod first before you can use it. So once you've done this all will be well in the world for you. See page 5 and 6 of the manual.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is it locked by a password? Or something more terrible occurred to it? To unlock screen password, you can enter your iPod touch into DFU mode:
1. Plug in your iPod touch and turn it off. Hold down the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake" buttons for about twelve seconds. You'll briefly see the silver Apple logo and then your touch will appear to turn back off. 2. Release the "Sleep/Wake" button but continue to hold the "Home" button until you see a message in iTunes stating that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode. More about unlocking iPod screen password.
1. Keep the power and home buttons pressed until the "Connect to iTunes" screen comes and restore (everything will be erased). or 2. Ssh your iphonego to th path mobile/Library/Preferences/delete com.apple.springboard.plistoff and on your iPhone (MAY need to be jailbroken, not entirely sure).
Press and hold the Home button for at least six seconds, until the application you were using quits.
If that doesn't work, turn off iPod touch and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPod touch for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
If that doesn't work, reset iPod touch. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
If iPod touch continues to freeze or not respond after you reset it
Reset iPod touch settings. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. All your preferences are reset, but your data and media are left untouched.
If that doesn't work, erase all content on iPod touch. From the Home screen choose Settings > General > Reset > "Erase All Content and Settings." All your preferences are reset, and all your data and media are removed from iPod touch.
To reset the iPhone or iPod Touch, press and hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously at the same time for at least ten seconds, then the LCD display will clear and the Apple logo appears on the black background. When Apple logo appears, reset is done.