Question about Archos 405 Digital Media Player
Can you help ? it comes up on the screen
(recovery code 104)
would you like to recover your system?
if you press repair disk it comes up saying connect to computer and update file. i do this. then the repair disc comes back on again as above.i press format and it goes off but not come back on yet.
Go to archos firmware and download version 2.1.04 to your pc or laptop and save it in a folder then get ur mp4 turn it on and go format you will get a screen that says done leave it on that and connect to your pc or laptop it will recognise your mp4 then go in my computer and open 405 and open your save file and drag the save file into the 405 but NOT into a folder below them and after it has\copied turn the 405 off and start it up should be as good as new
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
I fixed my son's 605 4 GB had Recovery code (104) on it These are the steps i followed
* Use the computer for this process that you always used for this archos
* Download the firware Upgrade 2.1
* Plug the Archos to Pc
* When the white screen comes up do format
* Wait until all done then put the firmware in to the root sector of the Archos
* Safely remove the usb for Archos from your pc first and then unplug the cable.
* Do not pick any option on the Archos screen
* Just turn it off from the power button by holding it until it turns off
* Wait about 5 minutes and plug in back to pc
* it will come up with white screen again but this time it will start Update you will see the progress bar moving wait until it is all done and it will shut off. Turn it back on Your archos will be back to normal
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2011 | Archos 504 500870 Digital Media Player
Feb 17, 2011 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
This is a recovery mode, and this menu allows you to:
-Format your hard drive
-Restore your system
In case of repair disk is selected :
For the first step you have to go on our website, and download the latest firmware update for your product.
Plug your Archos 504/604 on the computer and copy the firmware previously downloaded at the root of your device.
Disconnect your device as usual, and select done on the screen.You have to plug the dc adaptor to update successfully, press a button to reboot your device.here is the web address http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/updates.html?country=us&lang=en&#firm
Nov 27, 2010 | Archos 504 500870 Digital Media Player
Nov 04, 2010 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jul 29, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jun 07, 2009 | Archos 605 Wifi Portable Multimedia Player
Mar 20, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jan 20, 2009 | Archos 605 WiFi Digital Media Player
Jan 14, 2009 | Archos 405 Digital Media Player
4,733 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: