Question about DeLonghi MW 535 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave problem Hi there when i start using my microwave, sparks fly out from the inside of the microwave. There is a metal panel scewed to the inside of the microwave wall where sparks are flying out.

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • bbell8 Mar 18, 2008

    I have a GE with the same thing out of the metal plate sparks fly while it is running

  • ghotaling Apr 15, 2009

    I have the same problem with my Sharp Carousel 1200 Watt, but only when I am melting chocolate, butter or other high fat foods.



    I don't see any rivets on the mica or metal panel on my model. Will it help to just clean the panel without removing it?

  • Anonymous Mar 24, 2014

    I have a new AEG Microwave Combi Oven. When I use the microwave I am left with puddles of water on the floor and the walls run with condensation. I have not experienced this previously with other microwaves. Any solution, please?

×

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • DeLonghi Master
  • 9,098 Answers

That panel is probably mics, not netla, though it may look like metal. The job of the waveguide cover is to protect the waveguide (opening) and the magnetron from buildup of food particles and grease. When the grease and food particles build up on and behind the cover, they will carbonize and arc - and maybe even flame up! The solution is to clean it and keep it clean - but if it's too dirty or is burned, it must be replaced. Sometimes it's necessary to remove the cover to clean both sides of it, and to clean the edges of the opening it covers. It is sometimes held in place with a small plastic rivet (or screw) and once that is removed, the cover will slide over a little then drop down. Be VERY careful not to get cut on the potentially sharp edges of the opening, and do not spray anything into the opening. Apply an alcohol-based cleaner (such as the purple kind) and /or gentle scouring powder to a cloth or paper towel and carefully wipe it out, then when it's dry, reinstall the cover and the rivet. I suggest to my customers that they NEVER use any ammonia-based cleaner (like the blue stuff) on a microwave, since the ammonia will crack and distort polycarbonate plastics.

Posted on Apr 23, 2007

  • William Miller
    William Miller Apr 23, 2007

    Sorry, I meant to say it is probably "mica" not "metal"

×

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

My microwave model mv1526w when I press start it start to spark...What makes it spark and can I fix it?


It might be the appliance isn't properly grounded or it might be it is faulty or it might be there is something inside that is unsuitable.

Microwave ovens should not be operated with nothing inside and only suitable containers should be used to hold food for heating. Cups or plates with gold painted rims and metal containers and those containing metal are likely to cause a veritable electrical storm inside.

Mar 06, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sharp carousel R-930-AK microwave is sparking how to stop it afraid to use it


Sparking could be caused by something metallic inside the microwave! Check in side for anything metal like foil!

Nov 02, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Goldstar MV-1310W microwave has sparks flying from the metal plate that's inside on the top.


Microwave ovens do not work well with exposed metal. IF you place uncoated metal in the oven, sparks will occur.
IF the interior of the oven has the metal exposed, it will cause sparking to occur.

There must be NO exposed metal inside a Microwave oven!

Aug 15, 2011 | Goldstar MV-1310W/B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Everytime i turn it on sparks fly


If they is any exposed metal in the cooking bay of the oven or grease it will cause it to spark and catch fire. If it is please clean the oven throughly. If it is sparking from the back the magnetron is bad and need to be replaced.

Aug 27, 2010 | Emerson 025806092806 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

When turned on sparks fly


There is bare metal inside and if it is empty (un-loaded) the sparking can occur.

Apr 26, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sparks ae flying in my microwave


GE in essence says it is unrepareable and insafe. I suggest that would be saying it is trash.I don't know what that carboard is, possibly indulation? Ot may have /be a a oiece oce of laminated metal like some paper plates have..Not replaceable is a poor answer. Call them back and make a fuss. If it's not too far over warranty, they may work with you to shut you up.. oops, sorry, to pacify you.
:-) Good luck.

May 28, 2009 | General Electric Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparks from inside the microwave


How old is the unit?
Is the 'Plate' clean?

Larry Hanson

Apr 04, 2009 | RCA Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Paint off inside top of microwave exposing metal. Safe to use?


It would be dangerous to do so. Any exposed metal inside a microwave is source for sparks and is extremely hazardous. I would recommend getting the paint job done up, or even better, buy a newer model.

Nov 15, 2008 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sparks fly when I use my microwave!!!


Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.

The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.

It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!

In some models it is a larger stirrer cover type made of thicker plastic in the ceiling of the oven.

The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.

If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced.

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

May 11, 2008 | Frigidaire FMV156D Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
DeLonghi MW 535 Microwave Oven Logo

535 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top DeLonghi Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Steve Mason

Level 2 Expert

305 Answers

Are you a DeLonghi Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...