Question about Kenwood KAC-9152D Car Audio Amplifier

3 Answers

Kenwood kac9152d bridge mono wiring diagram

I'm hooking up a kenwood kac9152d amp and the instruction manual doesn't show the wiring for bridge mono. Which speaker terminals on the amp do I use?

Posted by on

3 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 10 Answers

I have owned this amp for 2 years and i have it up to my kicker L5 sub, in a 3.1 cubic foot ported and chambered box that is tuned to 33hz. the amp can be wiried for eitherrunning one sub or several subs, rms power is 500 watt @ 4ohm, 900 watt @ 2ohm, and 1600 @ 1ohm. it is a strong amp, and it puts out large and powerfull amounts of energy, the bass remote is an added touch, i had it set to 100hz on the amp at +1 on the input sensativity, i ran my sub hard producing 138.40 db on a term lab. and i only had the remote at +9/+11 for level and set to 43hz on frequency boost, if you have only one sub with single 4ohm voice coil run it on the outer sides of the speaker outputs on the amp, if you have a dual or quad voice coil, you can either lower the ohms wiring the sub in a paralelle circuit, or up the ohms by wiring the sub in a series circuit. if you have 2 or more subs, wire them left and right channel, the amp has 2 out puts because it is a dual monular amplifier, meaning you can link 2 or more amps together to wire one or multiple subs, witch makes this amp perfect if you have a 180db, @ 18hz **** , than this amp is for you!!!!!! if you need more advise on the amp or how much power it needs to run it or when the amp loads into protection mode feel free to email me @

Posted on May 22, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I have always connected the pos from speaker to the pos in the amps right ch and neg from speaker to the neg on the amps left ch and a short channel connecting the amps right neg to the left pos this getting a bridge mono some ampa can be wired this way and others blow up when you do this i sugest calling the manufacturer if you use only one chanel the amp still puts power to the other channel and if there is nothing to absorbe this power than amp can over heat and possiably **** out

Posted on Jan 27, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 9 Answers

Only using one of the channels for audio and having the rest of the amp wired up as normal should work fine. for example just use the right channel and leave the left unwired.

Posted on Dec 28, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to bridge a kenwood kac-9105d

Are you referring to something like this, using two different amps? It is a mono amp, meaning there's one amp in the box.
"KAC-9105D also has a Dual Mono Drive connection that allows you to strap two KAC-9105D amps together to power a single subwoofer."Quoted from

Here's a link to a page out of the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement book. the top shows a stereo amp (1 box, two different amps inside) hooked up to drive two different speakers, which is known as 'stereo' mode.It then shows the two amps hooked to the opposite sides of the same speaker, which is known as 'bridge' mode.

Any help?

Feb 24, 2012 | Kenwood Car Audio & Video

1 Answer

I need to know the wattege of a kenwood kac -624

The KAC-624 is a 40 watt x2 @ 4 ohm RMS amp. 55 watt x2 @ 2ohm. 110 watt x 1 Bridged I assume at 4 ohm. Manual does not specify. It can run 2 ohm in stereo mode but is unclear on mono impedance requirement. It can run 4 ohm mono at 110 watt but at 2 ohm?

Dec 12, 2011 | Kenwood Car Audio & Video

1 Answer

I have a carver M-2050i amp that I am putting in my truck. Want to hook it up mono to one of my 15" subs. Looking how to wire it for mono. do I use the L - and R - or L + and R+ or something else. I have...

to wire up your sub in mono bridged mode it's either L+ and R- or L- and R+ it should say this on the body of the amp in front of the speaker terminals. If it does'nt i would check to see if your amp is bridgeable if it is not i would advise against it as this could damage the amp.Hope this is helpful

Oct 26, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

3 Answers

Wiring diagram

run them in sereis hooking them all up together and bridging the amp

Jul 22, 2009 | Rockford Fosgate Power 1500BD Car Audio...

1 Answer

To bridge a Kenwood KAC-9102D

Hello laurogleal,

The Kenwood KAC-9102D is a mono amp. There is no bridging. Having two sets of terminals is just a more convenient way of connecting two subwoofers. The amp is stable down to 2 ohms impedance, so it is safe to run 2 4 ohm loads in parallel.

Hope this helps.

Apr 28, 2009 | Kenwood KAC-9102D Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

How do i hook up my speakers mono to a kac9152d

Her are the manual for your amp.

This is a mono amplifier with dual output, so if you connect a 4ohm speaker to each of the terminals, then the amp performs at 2ohm ( 2x8ohm gets you to 4ohm).

i can provide a lot more support on this issue if you give me more details about the speakers:

- how many
- brand, modell
- what kind of box you got

Jan 31, 2009 | Car Audio & Video

2 Answers

KAC-9104D output terminals

ok i have the same amp and 1 2ohm dvc sub and was woundering the same thing but from futher research and askin sum xsperts. What i found out is that it is only one channel and even tho there are 2 (+) and 2(-) they actually connect inside the amp makein it one . so if u wanted to wire sumthing parralel u wouldnt have to hook wires from one coil to the other on the speaker , u can just hook it up to the amp. so basically both +'s and negatives on the amp are actually one within it so all the power if you only use one set of them and if u wanna add more subs its just easier to add to the amp by using the xtras .

Jan 13, 2009 | Kenwood KAC-9104D Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Is it not bridgable

This amp isn't bridgeable. It's a mono amp (only one channel). You need two independent channels to bridge. Some mono amps are bridgeable if you have two identical amps but I don't think Kenwood recommends that with this amp.

Jan 27, 2008 | Kenwood KAC-9152D Car Audio Amplifier

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kenwood KAC-9152D Car Audio Amplifier Logo

990 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenwood Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4766 Answers

Pablo Gonzalez

Level 3 Expert

733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

67800 Answers

Are you a Kenwood Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides