- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like you have a damaged restore disk. Look at it under a bright light, and see if there are any scratches in the disk. You might be able to clean the disk (always clean from the inside out, never in a circle).
If the player is showing up in your Windows' Device Manager under "portable devices" with a yellow "!":
1.) Right-click the yellow "!" and choose "update driver". 2.) When given the option to connect to Windows Update, choose "no, not this time" and click next. 3.) Choose "Install from a specific location (advanced)" and click next. 4.) Choose "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and click next. 5.) Click the "Have Disk" button. Browse to C:\Windows\inf and choose the file marked "wpdmtp.inf"
I can't believe the generic players have such crappy support when so many people have this problem! I think the Windows file problem might be caused by "compressing old files" when you do a disk cleanup.
You may be right about the mboard but also try changing the processor or taking out the processor and try powering on withou the processor. If its the mboard then it could have been because of a power surge and thus the mboards needs to be replaced. let me know how you go. thanks
DOWNLOAD HIREN BOOT CD, WRITE IT TO CD THEN BOOT FROM IT
Includes HDD Diagnostics for these companies
Hard Disk Tools:
- Hard Disk Diagnostic Utilities
- Seagate Seatools Desktop Edition 3.02
- Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools
- Western Digital Diagnostics (DLGDIAG) 5.04f
- Maxtor PowerMax 4.23
- Maxtor amset utility 4.0
- Maxtor(or any Hdd) Low Level Formatter 1.1
- Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool 6.61
- Fujitsu IDE Low Level Format 1.0
- Samsung HDD Utility(HUTIL) 2.02
- Samsung Disk Diagnose (SHDIAG) 1.28
- IBM/Hitachi Drive Fitness Test 4.08
- IBM/Hitachi Feature Tool 2.03
- Gateway GwScan 3.15
- ExcelStor's ESTest 3.80
- MHDD 4.6
- WDClear 1.30
- Toshiba Hard Disk Diagnostic 2.00b
- SeaTools for Dos 1.08
- HDD Regenerator 1.51 - to recover a bad hard drive
- Ontrack Disk Manager 9.57 - Disk Test/Format/Maintenance tool.
- Norton Disk Doctor 2002 - a tool to repair a damaged disk, or to diagnose your hard drive.
- Norton Disk Editor 2002 - a powerful disk editing, manual data recovery tool.
- Active Kill Disk 3.1 - Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive.
- HDAT2 4.5.2 - main function is testing and repair (regenerates) bad sectors for devices
- SmartUDM 2.00 - Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. Viewer.
- Victoria 3.33 - a freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics
Hope this helps
If you are having trouble with Newly bought items save your self from headaches by returning them and demand a replacement or a refund! You may have purchased a reconditioned\repaired\factory defect product.