Re: One of the two electrical prongs retracts itself into...
Instead of buying a part I fixed what there was in there. The slits in the housing for one prong were a little bit too big and the contour in the plastic that holds the prongs was melted so it wasn't holding the prong tightly. I reshaped the plastic **** and the contour as well as I could with a soldering iron and pick, and filled in the rest with Sumo glue, then scraped the glue down a bit as it foamed up. Not sure if Sumo glue is supposed to be ok to use on an application like this. Anyway, the blower works at least for now, and the prongs are tight. I cleaned out enough mulching fragments I wasn't surprised I'd started having sparks before the blower stopped working.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am not sure what your pull rope is on..but most are wound in a spring loaded housing on top of the motor.it may be bound up and not allowing the spring to rewind the rope..if you are mechanically inclined..you can get at the housing by removing the cover where the rope goes in..and do some adjusting..or If broken the complete winding device can be replaced and the cover replaced..good luck
The retract mechanism in most blowers is spring loaded and the cause of your issue appears to be that this spring has become disconnected from the retainer inside the housing of the blower itself. Without getting technical, you will have to open the blower housing and rewind (tighten) the spring and then reinsert the spring end back into the retainer. Sometimes this is just a matter of anchoring the curved or bent end into a hole in the inside of the housing. If the spring end has broken the side of the hole, you might be able to repair it using a small hose clamp around the outside of the hole and tighten to close the break. However, there are numerous configurations for blowers of different manufacturers and can sometimes require special tools. Unless you are mechanically inclined, I would recommend a small engine repair shop to handle the problem....best of luck!
PS. If you do the repair yourself or not, it is a good idea, while the housing is open, to go ahead and replace the pull cord as well.
This is somewhat common in the the "zip start" machines. The recoil pulley is 2 plastic housings with a round coil spring between them. It is designed to need less effort to pull and start the machine. When pulled on with great effort/frustration, the middle spring bends and damages the upper housing. The only semi-permanent solution is to replace the pulley assembly. The part is relatively cheap thru Homelite.com. If you can do it yourself, go for it. A repair shop will most likely charge you $20 to $40 in labor to do this.
The bulb repair kit can be purchased a home depot or lowes, or whatever is close to your home. These can be replaced fairly easy. It is usually prongs on the backside that hold the bulb in. After pressing these the bulb will come out of the housing and disconnect the tubing from the bulb. It a good idea to replace tubing when doing this, the tubing is rotted or dried out and eventually cracks. Keep in mind where the tubing goes. One will feed from the gas tank and the other will feed the carb.
The answer is wrong. This model and other Toro blowers with the plug built into the body (as opposed to the new design with plug on cord) has this problem when the plug does not completely mate with the cord. This happened to mine too. Unfortunately Toro does not provide a replacement part. HOwever, perhaps the new designed cord will fit as a replacement, but I am unsure of this. When my plug melts completely I will try that.
Sounds like the brushes on the motor are bad. Sorry, but this is not repairable. It could also be that the motor is not secured to it's support housing, but I would have to see it in person to make this determination. Electric leaf blowers are not made to be repaired, because it's usually cheaper to buy a new one. I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear. However.....since it is probably junked anyway, it's not going to hurt one bit to try and take it apart and tinker with it to see if there is an obvious problem. Just pay attention to how it comes apart, in case you want to put it back together. Hope this helps,