Question about Brookstone 538744 Remote Control
If code is not on list do auto search for the code.
With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available
on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device.
Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to
look up codes and enter them manually.
1. T urn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control
(TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. The
remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release . The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on
indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL + or CHANNEL - repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
• To exit without storing the code, press BACK.
• The unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press
CHANNEL + or CHANNEL - after the device turns on.
6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been
programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Good Luck and Please Rate FixYa!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2011 | Big Button TV Universal Remote
11866, 10054, 10030, 10706, 11990, 11963, 11913, 11904, 11525, 11365, 11198, 10802, 10230, 10187, 10186, 10179, 10096, 10036, 10028, 10024, 10020
Philips TV codes with Comcast Universal remote control are:-
10054, 10037, 10690, 11483
1. Turn on the TV
NOTE: Please read steps 2 to 4 completely before proceeding. Highlight or write down the codes and device you wish to program before moving on to step 2.
2. Press and hold SETuntil the Red Light blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Locate the code for your device in Manufacturer's Codes on the back of this user guide. Brands are listed in alphabetical order with the most popular codes listed first.
4. Enter the first five-digit code for your TV. If you perform this procedure correctly, the Red Light will blink twice
NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the red light will display one long blink and exit the programming mode. Repeat steps 2 to 5 with a valid code.
5. Aim the remote control at your TV and press Power once. The device should turn off. If it does not respond, repeat steps 2 to 4, trying each code listed for your brand until you find one that works. If it still does not work, try Searching For Your Code
Jan 02, 2011 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV
May 17, 2010 | Universal Remote Control DIRECTV Universal...
Aug 06, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jun 03, 2009 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Apr 10, 2009 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV
Mar 22, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jan 14, 2009 | RCA RCU404 Remote Control
Jul 18, 2008 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV
Sep 07, 2007 | Philips Magnavox Learning Universal Remote
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!