Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Failure Code - FH
Fault Code Description - No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.
Solution - If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.
If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
• If there is no water in the unit:
- Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
- Verify inlet valve operation
• If there is water in the unit:
- Verify Drain pump operation
- Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
• Verify there is not a siphon problem
• Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check all hoses for possible leaks
• Verify pressure switch operation
• Verify flow meter operation
• Verify CCU operation
Replace failed component.
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
On most Whirlpool Duet models, you can remove the lower front cover of the washer by removing three torx head screws from the lower lip. Look on the right hand wall, inside the washer. You should find, sealed in plastic, a Diagnostic Guide. It will say do not remove or destroy, for service technician use only. Well guess what, with just a little know how and this guide, you can troubleshoot and repair a lot of your problems. It is not the "owners manual" but has much more info when it comes to troubleshooting or repair. If you need parts, I often use www.repairclinic.com to get appliance parts cheap. It is easy to use. Hope this helps.
Posted on May 30, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jan 08, 2016 | Washing Machines
Jan 01, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 17, 2018 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 05, 2010 | Hotpoint HDA2000G Built-in Dishwasher
Sep 13, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
246 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: