Question about Washing Machines
First check the breaker hasn't tripped in your main breaker panel.
If you suspect you have a defective timer it can easily be replaced by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine... and pull out the timer knob. Some knobs have a removeable center cap and hidden screw. Some are simply slip-fit. Remove the knob.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer.
The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer.
There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up.
There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Disconnect all power plugs and remove the timer's mounting screws.
5. Reinstall reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2012 | Xerox Phaser® 8500, 8550, 8560, 8560MFP...
Apr 30, 2012 | Hoover Nextra HNF 3157 Front Load Washer
Jul 18, 2011 | HP Compaq Presario F500 F700 and G6000...
Click on this link or copy and paste the complete link into your browser.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays!
Dec 13, 2010 | Dell Latitude D820 Notebook
Sep 30, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD65737 65" DLP TV
Jan 18, 2018 | Samsung Washing Machines
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!