Question about Televison & Video
To operate Samsung PS42A456
I tried the closest model no. in the Sky list in the system setup, I think the code was 0840. Cover the front of the remote and press TV, then press red & select button until the remote led light blinks twice, key in the code 0840 and then press select. Try the volume button and this should work. If you get stuck go into interactive and system setup and select setup of sky remote and it gives you a list of makes and models, this is the closed one to the LE40A656 and works with mine.
Hope this works for you.
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Aug 17, 2012 | Samsung TV Remote Control
065 584 615 037 245 476 516 292 318 236 398 244 100 118 060 088
Follow the steps below
1. Select any channel on the TV.
2. Point your Sky+ remote control away from the TV and press the tv button.
3. Press and hold down the Select and red buttons simultaneously on the Sky+ remote control until the red light at the top of the Sky+ remote control flashes twice.
4. Input the 3 digit number from the Sky+ remote control codes then press the Select button. The red light at the top of the Sky+ remote control should flash twice.
5. Point the Sky+ remote control at the TV and try the volume button.
If this works try the other TV functions.
If these work then the correct code has been selected.
It's important to note that not all TV functions will be supported by the Sky+ remote control e.g. Picture in Picture.
If all functions do not work correctly, then repeat steps 1 - 3 and work through all the relevant 3 digit numbers from the Sky+ remote control codes, until you find the code which supports all or as many of the TV functions as possible.
Please note: In order to operate both your TV and Sky+ with your Sky+ remote control, you will be required to switch modes e.g. to switch on your TV from stand-by, you would need to press "TV" followed by the "Stand-by" button. Then to change channel on your Sky+ you would need to press the "Sky" button followed by the "TV guide" button.
Aug 30, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jul 27, 2010 | Samsung Televison & Video
May 08, 2009 | Televison & Video
Dec 29, 2008 | Televison & Video
Sep 20, 2008 | Samsung AH5900092W Remote Control
Jul 18, 2008 | RCA RCR660 Remote Control
Dec 29, 2007 | Samsung TV Remote Control
200 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!