Question about Navman F20 GPS Receiver
The internal memory on the F20 is actually an mini SD card inside the unit and this fault is caused if the card can't be read. This is mostly likely because there is a poor connection to the card. To cure the problem:
1) Remove the two screws on the bottom of the unit.
2) Divide the two halves of the case. Its best to do this by using your finger nails or a plastic lever. If you use a screwdriver or something similar you will most likely damage the case. Take care when you finally are able to divide the two halves of the case not to strain the cables connecting the battery and loudspeaker.
3) You should be able to see the SD card in its holder on the circuit board. To remove the SD card pull the top edge away from the board and the top half of the holder should hinge outwards. Don't try to pull the card out as you would do from a normal external SD slot.
4) Examine the terminals for any corrosion or contamination. In most cases just removing and re-inserting the card does the trick. You can safely switch the F20 on with the case still open, but don't attempt to insert or remove the SD card with the F20 turned on as this may damage the circuitry.
5) If this doesn't solve the problem the card itself may be corrupted. You can check this by inserting it in a computer card reader to see if it can be read that way.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2018 | Fisher Refrigerators
Mar 08, 2015 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Apr 19, 2014 | Frigidaire Kitchen Ranges
Jan 13, 2014 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Feb 22, 2011 | Navman F20 GPS Receiver
Jul 23, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Feb 01, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 17, 2009 | Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. HE3t Front Load Washer
Jul 14, 2008 | Navman F20 GPS Receiver
631 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: