Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
I got three red lights last nite turned of console unpluged an it worked fine for a while it then keept freezing,and now it comes up E79 and has one red ring on player 3 section please help was told because its not 3 red lights now I will have to pay for repair.This is the 2nd christmas my 360 has broke and 3rd time it will have had to go back.
That may be an error caused by the harddrive not making good contact with the xbox, could be external or internal problem. IF YOU HAVE WARRANTY DO NOT OPEN THE XBOX OR THAT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY
remove that hard drive and try to play without it to see if that's tha problem. if it works put it back on and try it again. If thats not the problem try this
Console reset codes
Clear All Installed Game Updates and Console Cache
1. Go to the "system" blade
2. Select "memory"
3. Press Y on the HD symbol
4. Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X
5. A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"
6. Select Yes
Clear Any Failed system updates that cause the console to error.
1. With the console off, press and hold the sync up button for 5 seconds (the small white one)
2. While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console (do not relese the button)
3. Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.
4. During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
E79 is a hard drive problem. It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 18, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 22, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 16, 2008 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Apr 29, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 17, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 23, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 30, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 25, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
317 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!