My xbox 360 has the third player light flashing red.
I have had my xbox 360 for under a year and it already has the third player light flashing red. On the screen it says E 74. I was playing it about ten minutes before i turned it on again and got the fashing light. Ive been told that the problem is that it overheats, or its the a/v cable or its the hard drive. But it was cold and i tried 3 of my friends a/v cables and started the xbox up w/o the hard drive in. none of this helped. I dont know what to do from here, help would be greatly appreciated!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
RED LIGHT OF DEATH! The three flashing red lights may indicate that there is a hardware problem with your Xbox 360 motherboard or power supply.You can test power supply with a voltmeter from power supply wires to the connections on the motherboard. If no power or low power, the supply is bad. If there is plenty of power, then motherboard could have bad capacitor or chipset on it causing the problems. You can test those with an ohmmeter to see which component is not the same.
one red light means the video card is dead not the cord and unfortunately cannot be fixed and to make it worse this error is not covered by warranty, if you want it under warranty tel microsoft wen you ring that it has 3 red flashing lights (RROD) not 1 as this error is covered by warranty
hello. CAUSE The three flashing red lights may indicate that your Xbox 360 console has experienced a hardware failure. Please read the letter that discusses warranty changes for three flashing red light hardware failures.
If you suspect that you are experiencing this issue, you can submit a console-repair request online. However, before you submit your request, we ask that you first try the following two steps to verify that you are indeed experiencing this issue:
1. When you turn on the console, examine the light on the power supply. The power supply light should illuminate green even if the three lights on the Ring of Light flash red. If the power supply light is not green, please follow the steps that are listed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
906101 Xbox 360: The power supply light is red 906102 Xbox 360: The power supply light is orange 906103 Xbox 360: The power supply light is not illuminated
2. Turn off the console. Wait 10 seconds, and then turn on the console again to see whether the symptom occurs again. If your console continues to display the three flashing red lights, your console may have to be repaired. For information about how to start the repair process online, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support, and then click Console Repair in the upper-right section of the Web page.
Note: The online console repair service is currently not available in all countries or regions.
If you would rather contact Xbox Customer Support directly, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support/contact for information about how to do this.
* Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System * Microsoft Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB) * Microsoft Xbox
If you bought your Xbox 360 within the last three years it is still under warranty for the flashing red ring error. Go here https://service.xbox.com/ Register your Xbox and request repair service, you will not have to pay for anything and get a new 360. Si usted compró su Xbox 360 en el plazo de los tres años pasados está todavía bajo garantía para destellar rojo suena error. Va aquí el registro de https://service.xbox.com/ su Xbox y solicita servicio de reparación, usted no tendrá que pagar cualquier cosa y conseguir 360 nuevos.