Ok last night i accidently dropped my vx8300 phone into the toilet,I then immediately reached in and pulled it out.i looked at it and it seemed to be working fine i then forgot about the phone and started to wash my hands for about 5 minutes.i then looked back at my phone and it was turned off ,i turned it back on and the screen was white.It immmediately turned itself back off.
I let it set overnight in my window sill but it is december and night time so i dought that helped any.the next day i put it in front of an electric heater for a couple of hours.i then tryed to turn it back on and the screen was not white anymore it just displayed the use genuine battery error.i tried this about 3 or 4 times through out the day
The moisture indicator on my phone is just a light pink and not that bad but the one on the battery is a full dark pink.I tried a new battery and the same thing happened.
I plan on trying the alcohol bath tomorrow then putting it back in front of the heater and try a new battery,Is there any other suggestions i should try to get my phone working
this is my third phone and my dad will not be happy with me when he finds out what happened
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: submerged my vx8300 phone in water
This oes look serious and there is really a very small chance that the phone would be able to work after veing in the water and recovering after such a long time
This might just not help but seeing the condiion
you might also try to wipe off any water in the battery panel
use a ear bud to do so you might see a few drops of water .
clean them up
Maybe the phone would start working
also keeping the phone in front of the heater is not a good idea if the heater is giving out a lot of heat
electronics dont respond well to heat
try putting the phone below a Lamp or something they give decent heat
hopefully your phone would be up and running in the next few days.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
pull out the battery and leave it out until you are 100% all water inside has dried out.. its not the water itself that does the most damages to the phone. but the power jumping from points to points on the microchips and traces causing erosion by electrolysis and damage by shorting.
the worst thing you can do is putting the battery back in too soon
if its very contaminated water (salty,chemicals.dirt etc.) this wont work tho. since the contaminations will short the phone out
More than likely not. Water damages the internal components themselves, and actually erodes things like your phone's motherboard. If your phone is still functioning then there is a chance that the water did not reach essential components yet. If that is the case, turn your phone off (to prevent electrical shorts), and bring it either to the store you bought it from or to a reputible phone repair shop.
If it is not functioning properly, then check to see how much of your phone was submerged. If, for instance, it only reached your battery, immediately remove your battery and dry the area of your phone that the battery is stored in, then replace the battery with a new one.
Phone not charging. Hello, when a phone does not charge, it means that the phone charger or the port at which the charger is inserted in the phone is faulty.
Might be due to dust or dirt. You can Clean charging port on the phone with a brush and alcohol to remove dirt.
After cleaning it,if still not charging, you can test charger with another phone to be sure if the charger is working. And if charger works with another phone,that means the charging port on the phone is faulty and will need to replaced.
To get the *best* chance of having your phone (especially a touch screen) to work after being submerged in water, you need PATIENCE.
Generally, the phone doesnt die when it first goes in the water. It usually dies when the user tries to start the phone too soon, before it's dried out.
The fastest drying method i've seen is to get a small tupperware (sealable) container, and completely submerge the phone in white dry rice. Seal the container, separate the battery, take off the cover, and get as much exposure to the rice as you can.
The rice keeps the air dry inside the container, and will pull moisture out of the phone faster than air drying. Leave it there for at least 2 days. At least 2. Hope that helps!
PS - You will *probably* need a new battery, generally batteries are damaged by even a small amount of moisture. You might as well buy a new battery.
If very little water is used on initial flush, The bowl is functioning as a tank for second thorough flush. The high water level cannot stay high in the bowl while in motion or you would have a mess ion start and stops.
you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried