Purchased new whirlpool #MH1160XSD for our rv. Unit works fine on land power, but is inoperative on generator power. When you push start button, unit comes on and goes right back off. You can hold down start button and the unit will work. Any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
your micrwave may run fine at 110 but it draws more power than the generator is putting out when the magnetron kicks on which is the part that creates the microwave causing the food to heat up. In other words the amperage is too low for the microwave. Amperage is what matters not voltage.
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. It is the magnetron that generates the microwaves that heat the food. If it or the circuit that powers it fails then it stops heating. There are some high voltage circuits that feed the magnetron and you can potentially get hurt if you don't know what you are doing. Would recommend you have it serviced by a professional if you want it fixed, otherwise look for a new one since the cost of repair can come close to the price of a new microwave oven.