Question about Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
After adjusting the backlight level, the rocker still beeps, as if it's operating, but doesn't do anything. If I shut the unit down and restart, it works fine until I adjust backlight again, then quits working. Everything else operates fine.
It started doing this after loading City Navigator NT. I took out the SD card, but still does it. Doesn't matter if it's on battery or cable powered.
How do you factory reset the 60CSx if required?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try a re-load of the chipset driver. It is available from the Garmin website. I find that it occasionally becomes corrupt.
You can check by entering the "Main Menu" then "Setup" then "System" then press Menu and choose "Software Version".
If the "GPS SW Version" is 0.00 then a reload of the chipset driver will correct the problem.
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
yeah sure with some handy work and a llittle patience you shouldnt have a problem just remove all the screws, be careful not to tear any wires remove the internal componets from your face plate take a small prying tool and remove the glass , just a few dabs of superglue and your back in business! if you want a shatter proof you can alsi use plexi glass.... and if your really adventerous you could remove the standard led's and put custom colors in .... but beware soldering on a board can be dangerous
Posted on May 28, 2008
On my GPSmap 60CSx the screen fades away after powering on - just like the battery is empty. Changed battery and used USB power. Always the same. When removing the 2GB micro SD memory card then it comes up. Replaced the memory card and now it powers up fine. Seems that the memory card is damaged or causes a short circuit.
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
FREE? Yes there is a way believe it or not...
TO GET 2009 MAP IS NOT EASY! Software update is, from the Garmin site you can update software easily BUT THE MAP... you must purchase for $69.99 OR if you're a technical person who knows the following instructions you can save some $$$
search torrent for
"CNNANT2009-1 MapID 396"
under torrent sites, you know what you're doing.
Use these instructions if you have downloaded it.
Download these first:
and MapSource where u can directly get from Garmin site
Create these folders on the root drive: (I will choose one to make things easier, you can change)
Connect your GPS to USB, and BACKUP then remove
X:/Garmin/gmapprom.img and gmapprom.sum (may be gmapsupp.[img+sum]) approx. 1GB
1) Copy gmapsupp.img from this torrent to C:/grmtmp;
2) Extract gmaptool.exe, cgpsmapper.exe and mapsettoolkit.exe to C:/grmtmp/extract
3) Open a command prompt, and navigate to the extract folder ("cd/grmtmp/extract")
4) Run "gmaptool -S ../gmapsupp.img" Note that is -(CAPITAL S), lower case s is for different option
5) The above will extract files, you will get some warnings about 10 degrees. Ignore them.
6) Run "cgpsmapper mapset00.mp"
7) Run "MapSetToolKit"
8) In MapSetToolKit, press "Install A Existing Mapset"
8a) TDB File: "mapset00.tdb
8b) Overview map: "mapset00.img"
8c) Registry name: "WhateverYouWant" (I did "Grm2009.1Update")
8d) Leave TYP files blank, and hit "Install"
9) Close MapSetToolKit and run MapSource
10) Ignore any requests to unlock map, not ready yet.
11) Go to "Utilities-Get Unit ID" and Find Device with your GPS plugged in USB. Write down Unit ID.
12) Run Garmin Unlock Utility, Enter that Unit ID at the top.
13) Select under "Select Map Product"
14) Ender 396 for the FID/MapID, use the Generate button to get 25char code.
15) In MapSource go to "Utilities-Manage Map Products"
16) Go to "Unlock Regions" Tab, and hit "Add...", enter 25char code, comment optional
17) Now on the main MapSource screen, type 'm' to enable map tool.
18) You should see a large white rectangle, with rectangle outlines (these represent NA maps)
19) Click and drag to select them all, you can click "Map Set Name" if wanted.
20) Click the "Send to Device" button. Wait an hour. Enjoy.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2012 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
Jul 10, 2011 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
Jul 11, 2010 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Bundle Handheld...
Jul 03, 2009 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
Feb 27, 2009 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
Jun 30, 2008 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
Dec 29, 2007 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx
Sep 25, 2012 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx GPS Receiver
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: