Question about HP Pavilion 533w (P9859AR#ABA) PC Desktop
It is possible that the file Lsass.exe has become damaged or is not properly linked to the other files in the security system. Reset this file by using the following steps:
1. Turn on the PC and press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen appears.
The Windows advanced options menu appears.
2. Use the Up and Down Arrow and Enter keys to select Return to OS choices .
3. Select Microsoft Windows Recovery Console .
NOTE: If "Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console" is not listed, restart the PC with a Windows XP CD, Recovery Console CD, or Recovery Tools CD in the top CD or DVD drive and open Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. If a Windows XP Setup screen appears when using Recovery Console CDs, press the R key to open the Recovery Console.
NOTE: If "Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console" does not list and you do not have a CD with recovery console, try the following:
a. Turn on the PC, and press the F10 key repeatedly at the first screen.
b. At the Recovery screen, click Advanced Options .
c. Press the Alt + D keys at the same time to open a command prompt window and skip to step 5.
4. When the login prompt appears, press the number next to the windows version (minint or Windows) and type the logon password. Try pressing Enter if you do not know the password.
5. At the command prompt, type the following: diskpart
6. Press Enter , do one the following:
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
May 20, 2010 | HP Pavilion 533w (P9859AR#ABA) PC Desktop
Jan 18, 2009 | Eizo I-Station Networking Hub
Sep 08, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
240 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: