- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The range or cooktop ignitor works in the same way as a car spark plug. High voltage is supplied to the center electrode and it arcs to ground. If the ground, burner cap, has grease or grit on it then it will inhibit the spark and cause the symptoms you are seeing. Pull the cap off, inspect the ignitors for any cracks. If no cracks, look to where the arc is going to - the exact location. Clean thoroughly with scotchbrite pad. If this doesn't fix the problem, you may have to call tech to replace ignitors. Cleaning fixes most of these problems. Hope this helps,
You may have a bad burner switch. If you turn one of the other burner switches to make the spark modules spark look and see if the electrode is sparking at the bad burner. Most of the spark modules send a spark to all 4 burners when activated. If it sparks when another burner is activated open the valve and see if the burner will ignite. If so you probably have a bad burner switch.
the burners on ge range are different in size / you may have the caps on the wrong burners . 2nd / ck for the hole in the burner are clean ( do not enlarge them when cleaning .. ) if this does not work . see if the ignitor's are in good cond . if chipped replace .. mm
If it is a ge it would have a glow bar ignitor, either a flat rectangle shaped or a round ignitor. That is want the problem is 95% of the time. It is pretty easy to do. The floor of the stove will come right out and it probably has two screws in the back corners you can see. Remove them and the floor will lift out and you can see the burner and the ignitor.
Do you hear the spark ignitor trying got light the burner?
If not, then make sure there is not a residue or film of cleaning solution on the burner bases or burners themselves. It could be coincidental that the spark ignitor failed when she just happened to be cleaning the unit.
take a look at the igniter located in the center of two burners. clean the gap with a stiff brush between the eletrode and the upper plate. the distance is preset at the factory. you may have enough buildup to close the gap enough to trigger the igniter.