My Blackberry re-formatted on its own and erased my adress book
I have had my Blackberry for about 5 months and this is the first time this has happened. I charged it over night and when I went to make a call this morning, it was on the screen introducing me to the functions of the trackball. Whe I exited that screen, it took me to the blackberry setup wizard screen. When I exited that, I noticed that it said OFF in the upper left-hand corner instead of showing connectivity bars, as well as having erased all of messages, recent calls, and my entire address book. I called Verizon and the tech support said that they had never heard of anything like this before and did not have an answer for me. I had already taken out the battery and that didn't do anything. I did go into the Options portion and turn the service back on, but have lost all of my information. Any help or suggestions would obviously be very much appreciated.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Well first of all you can try the following - The "APP Error 200 Reset" indicates that your device firmware needs to be erased and reloaded. To perform these tasks please follow these steps:
1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer. 2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. 3. Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader. 4. Click Next. 5. Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next. 6. If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next. 7. The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone. 8. If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next. 9. Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone. 10. Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected. Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out. 11. Click Next, and then click Next again. 12. Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed. Post comments for further help or information.........
go to u adress book where the names should be. press the MENU button then scroll to FILTER. when u get to that page press the MENU then scroll to CLEAR SELECTION. this happened to me also i hope that helps u out.
for this you need to reconfigure the synchronization settings for your destop organizer proram
please follow the same.
1. connect Blackberry to the computer.
2. open desktop manager and click on SYNCHRONIZE.
3. click on the CONFIGURATION tab
4. click RESET CONFIGURATION
5. click CONFIGURE SYNCH
6. Select a BlackBerry device application (Address Book, Calendar, MemoPad, or Tasks), then click Choose.
7. click BROWSE
8. add the folders you want to synchronize and then click OK
9. click OK to close the chose application window
10. click OK to close the device cinfiguration window
11. synchronize the organizer data on your black berry device.