Question about Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Message is: "There is no cartridge or the cover is open". Three covers are closed. Ink cartridges are full and in place. What does the message mean and how do I make the correction?
The manual does not specifically address this message.
Well, I no longer have the problem. Somehow it fixed itself. I guess the elves chased the gremlins away. smrssr
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Start with printer powered off
1. Open cover of printer and verify that the ink cartridge carriage is not in the center of the printer. Leave cover open.
2. Unplug the electrical cord from the printer and wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug electrical cord back in, when ink cartridge carriage moves to the center of the printer quickly unplug the electrical cord again. This should leave the ink cartridge carriage in the center of the printer so you can get to it.
4. Lift up the gray arm that surrounds the ink cartridges.
5. Remove the entire ink cartridge holder (not just the ink cartridges). It will lift out easily as a unit. Lower the gray arm that you lifted to remove the cartridge holder.
6. Close printer cover. Plug electricity back in.
7. There should be a message about checking the ink cartridge on the display (I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something like that).
8. Open printer, lift the gray arm that surrounds the ink cartridge area and reinsert the ink cartridge holder (with the ink cartridges in it). Lower the gray arm.
9. Close printer cover.
10. The display should appear normal now, and you should be able to print again.
Jul 21, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 17, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1300 Printer
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Feb 10, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 28, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 28, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 08, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 18, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Feb 02, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 23, 2008 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!