I had (Acer One).the problem too after I had a wandering cursor (and nothing else would work) problem and had to shake the slate so to speak and start factory fresh, It seems that wasn't fresh enough when dwret=5 raised it's ugly head.
The solution is a file named: eRecovery_v2.1.3001
This bug occurs to me only after the logon process, with an user domain account, in a Windows Active Directory domain controller.
Be careful: the following instructions describes how to delete the recovery management system from the Aspire One. Be sure that you don't want to use anymore the recovery system Acer's program that comes to default with your netbook.
Edit the windows registry:
From Start > Run > Regedit
Locate the path:
Locate the string:
From File > Export > Export and save the entire current key and then delete only the above string from registry
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You might actually repost this in televisions and not laptops. With that said, most televisions that will support displaying digitial images stored on a flash drive, will pop up with options on the screen when the flash drive is plugged into the USB port.
Use a Card reader and follow the steps
1. Insert your SD card in the card reader. 2. Plug the card reader to your PC. 3. Go to My Computer, you will see the SD card as removable drive. 4. Double click in your card, and open. 5. Again go to my computer, open the a separate window. Open the folder containing your data files. 6. Select the required data file, right click, in the pop up window select copy. 6. Go to your SD card window, right click, in the pop up window select Paste. 7. You will see a window showing coping in progress. 8. After completed the process close the window. 9. Look at the right side of the task bar, there will be an icon, Safety remove hardware, left click, in the pop up menu select your SD card drive, one notification will come, "its safe to remove the hardware" 10. Remove the Card reader from your PC.
Take a flash light and point it at the screen, do you see something?
If you do its your back light that has given out on you and this will need to be repaired and replaced with a new part. you need to google you model number followed by backlight for your part I am sure it can be bought. these are a little hard to put in but there is youtube folks out there that show you hot its done , other then that you need to take it to a tech locally.
Thanks I hope this helps please do leave positive feedback and ratings for my efforts.
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE, and wait for the tray to open.
2. Use the remote control to input digital key '1', '1', '1', '0' in that
if that dont work go 1, 1 1, 1 in that order.
Kindly leave a few seconds between each entry, the microprocessor is slow
with these entries.
3. Press number '7', '8' or '9' to display the current region code of the DVD
4. Press any number of '0' to '6' to set the required region code. The OSD
will display the new region code of the DVD player.
5. Region '0' will be the setting for multi region
6. The region setting will be saved in the FLASH memory.
7. Press OPEN/CLOSE again, the DVD player will return to normal operation.
note: you want to chose region 0 so u can use all regions