An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: my toshiba lap top 120 has a white line trough the...
You need check
1) make sure the line is stable or changeable there when you folding the LCD lid or touch lid somewhere. there is some temp disconnection if the line changes sometimes
2) check and make sure the LCD cable and the plug/socket at motherboard and back LCD panel, they are no dirty and disconnection
3) make sure the LCD panel hardware damage (replace one) if the lind is stable there, mostly should change the LCD panel.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
While there is no easy fix for this, you can buy the screen at LCDscreen.com or by clicking http://tinyurl.com/ya39ws9
Keep in mind this might not be the exact screen. You will need to find the one you need using your exact model number.
These screens run about $100. I know this isn't cheap but it's about the best you can do. And with this option you would still need to install it yourself.. (Which is rather advanced) or have someone do it for you. Maybe see if you can find someone locally via craigslist to tackle this task for you at a discounted rate.
Does the laptop have integrated or dedicated graphics?
This could be a problem with the graphics drivers. Go to the Toshiba website, and get the latest drivers for you PC, this should solve the problem. If this doesn't solve it, than it looks like the screen / graphics controller / GPU is failing.
the best thing to do is to get the help of a qualified technician(better go to a toshiba service centre) they will help you with this. try removing the battery after turning off the computer and removing the power supply.reinsert the battery and turn on th notebook. it should work fine. else contact the technician.