a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your microwave has an internal fuse. Usually 10 to 20 amp. You can pick some up at home depot or radio shack. Make sure you get the same amps and volts as the original fuse. Will be printed on your microwave some where usually. And if its one that is part of a double oven deal make sure that you check you're circuit breakers for the kitchen. Good luck.
There are a couple of safety thermostats in the oven to shut down power if something overheats. One is on the magnetron tube (the microwave source), the other is on the cooking cavity. These sometimes go bad. There's also a power line fuse that may have failed, or become loose in its mounting clips. These can be tested with an ohmmeter; they should all measure very close to zero ohms if they're good.
Another possibility is that the control circuit board in the oven may have failed. I have worked on several Sharp ovens where the power transformer for the board has gone bad for no good reason. If the board goes bad the oven may appear to be dead as well.
Microwave servicing is best left to professionals. If you're thinking of keeping this one, take it to a service shop (or call for home service) and get an estimate. Then decide whether to repair or replace.
Hope this has helped a little. Thanks for using Fixya!
Most likely the circuit breaker tripped or the fuse blew. A 1000 watt microwave is using 2/3 of the power available on a typical household circuit of 1500 watts. If anything else is plugged into that circuit u can have a problem. Just reset the breaker or replace the fuse and u will be up and running. if it happens alot you should consider a dedicated circuit for your microwave only.
The problem may be an electrical one. Microwave ovens require a lot of power. Often, they use most of the power available to the circuit they are plugged in to. If there is not enough power in the circuit to feed the microwave and whatever else is plugged into that same circuit the fuse will blow or the circuit breaker will kick off.
Go to your electcical box, and check the breakers or the fuses. If one of the breakers has kicked, reset it by pushing it all the way off and then back on. If the fuse is blown, unscrew it and screw in a new one of the same amperage.
I am not sure I can solve your problem or perhaps you have already solved your problem. My thought is "are you sure your circuit Breakers are OK"??? In order to re-set a tripped circuit breaker you have to first turn them all the way off, then re-set them to 'on'. If you did not do that they probably did not re-set.
Assuming you did that correctly then I would have to suggest you contact email@example.com. He/they might know of a internal fuse or other problem the may help you. Good luck.
IF YOU HAVE THE MICRWAVE PLUGGED IN AND THE CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPS IMMEDIATELY WHEN SET,
CHECK THE DOOR HOOKS THAT TRIP THE DOOR SWITCHES. BOTH SHOULD BE SPRING LOADED. THERE SHOULD BE TWO HOOKS ON THE DOOR. IF O.K., CHECK THE DOOR SWITCHES. THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE. IF ONE OF THEM IS SHORTED CLOSED,
THE MONITOR SWITCH WILL CAUSE A DEAD SHORT ACROSS THE FUSE. THE FUSE MAY BE HOLDING BETTER THAN YOUR CIRCUIT BREAKER.