When I try to burn a master of my video project with Ulead movic Factory 5, the burn process stops and a window pops up that say's disk is not empty, even thought it's a new disk. I've tried multi disk and I still get this.
Thr process has workeed fine up until this pass week. I tried burning a cd with windows media and it worked fine.
I thought it might be a problem with the software so I removed and reloaded movic factory same results.
I loaded movice factory on another system and the bun process worked fine. So I think it's something with the dvd players in this particular system, there are two, both give the same error.
I'm a novice, but had the same problem. I followed the manufacturer's advise and went into the Registry and changed the "drive type" to a "1" instead of the "3" that was listed. Apparently, a "3" indicates that the drive is only capable of reding discs. Changing the value to a "1" or "2" enables Windows to viw the drive as a recordable drive. Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Try a different brand of dvd disks as quite often a drive will burn one brand but not another,you could also try using a different burning program.I use Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 FREE, which as it says is free and can be downloaded from the web. Regards Bill
means you have a faulty or failed DVD burner (error is Power Calibration Error, returned through the ATAPI driver). Test with different /branded/ blank media, if none work then replace the drive.If you find one that works, stock up.
You can install and run a Ulead software for Windows XP on Windows Vista by running the Program Compatibility Wizard. We do not guarantee full stability for Windows Vista though. To run Program Compatibility Wizard:
1. Open the "Program Compatibility Wizard" by clicking the [Start] button, clicking [Control Panel], clicking [Programs], and then clicking "Use an older program with this version of Windows".
2. Click [Next] when the "Program Compatibility Wizard" dialog box comes up.
3. Select "I want to use the program in the CD-ROM drive" and click [Next]. If the installer is not detected from the CD-ROM drive, please manually browse for the installer executable.
4. Under "Select a compatibility mode for the program" step, please click on "Microsoft Windows XP (SP2)" and click [Next].
5. For the display settings, please click on "Disable Visual Themes" and "Disable desktop composition" then click [Next].
6. Click on "Run this program as an administrator" and click [Next].
7. Click [Next] to start testing the compatibility settings. This will launch the installer so if you have your firewall enabled, it will prompt for a permission request. Please grant permission for the setup to continue. 8. The setup will now run. You can allow it to finish or switch back to the "Program Compatibility Wizard" dialog box.
9. It will ask you if the program ran correctly. Click "Yes..." if no other pop-ups appear. * Try another compatibility setting if it reports a problem with the display. For the display settings, enable the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" as well.
10. For this next step click "Yes" to send the info to Microsoft and finish the process. * Now that you have the software installed, you will also have to run the "Program Compatibility Wizard" for the application to run correctly. Use the same procedure except for step , select "I want to choose from a list of programs". Follow the same procedure for the other steps until you finish the setup.
The PC Kit provides movie capture, DVD authoring, DVD-R burning, photo editing, and DVD playback capability on PC based
computers equipped with Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP.
The kit includes a USB Cable, USB1.1 Driver, UDF2.0 Writer, CyberLink Power DVD XP, Ulead® DVD Movie Factory SE for DVDCAM and Ulead Photo Explorer7 Lite.