Question about RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

2 Answers



Posted by on

  • 3 more comments 
  • gizmo180 Dec 26, 2008

    Doesnt appear we have the convergence option

  • gizmo180 Dec 26, 2008

    not seeing were to sautter

  • gizmo180 Dec 27, 2008

    Thanks Were still trying to fix it. We cant find were the sauder goes, or were it is

  • gizmo180 Dec 28, 2008

    So how would one make sure that all electricity has been discharged before working on it . Thanks you

  • big herm11 Feb 01, 2009

    looks 3d and picture bows in the middle



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

This is definitely the fix for this issue. You can order the fuse from for .99 cents. I would order a few as it seems this happens somewhat frequently. I have done this procedure twice in 3 years. You DO NOT need anything else but the new fuse for fl231 and to resolder all the points of the flyback.

Good Luck!

Posted on Feb 01, 2009

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 505 Answers

There are 3 small fuses that will blow if the solder connections on the flyback transformer crack. If you open the tv, unplugged of course, you will see the flyback on the left most board.. the big thing with the red wire coming out of it. the 3 fuses are small orange squares just to the right of it.. two are 400mA and one is 1.25mA i believe.. anyways youll need a multimeter to check them and see which is blown.. solder the connections on the bottom of the flyback and replace appropriate fuse to fix. If only one color is off place, try going into the convergence adjusments in the menu to resolve without repair (might get lucky).. if its all 3 colors bowed on all sides, this fuse/soldering should fix it right up. A repair center will charge maybe $200-250 to do the job

Posted on Dec 26, 2008

  • 1 more comment 
  • thielectronick
    thielectronick Dec 26, 2008

    you have to go into the video or setup submenu to find it. its under some advanced options somewhere.. may be called alignment or something. usually there is a automatic alignment more, or manual.. not sure which models are what, some have it some don't but you should definately have something.

  • thielectronick
    thielectronick Dec 26, 2008

    the flyback transformer is the part that needs soldering. this will make sure the fuse doesn't blow again, but until you replace the fuse, the voltage won't go to the board and fix the picture. the flyback is the big transformer on the power board (left side from back) and it has the largest red wire coming out of it. on the bottom of the board, there will be like a C shape of solder points that go along with the curvature of the flyback, all the pins should be resoldered, but you need to get that fuse replaced too. you can't inspect visually, use an ohm meter to check both sides of the fuse from the bottom of the board. if its good it will check 1 ohm or something low, if its bad it will be infinite ohms or megaohms..

  • thielectronick
    thielectronick Dec 28, 2008



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My RCS HD52W67 is showing three pictures on the screen. I have tried zooming, but it only makes all three pictures larger. I cannot get it to only show one screen. What can I do?

Your TV most likely has a convergence failure. You can get parts and instructions from Here are some of the most common symptoms and example photos of a convergence problem Screen looks 3D Colors don't line up One or more colors can't be adjusted when using the convergence menu. Screen is bowed or warped.

Nov 22, 2012 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

Tv picture is bowed and looks like 3-D effect on sides

The 3 projection tubs need re-alingment you could try it your self but good luck!!!

Dec 31, 2010 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

2 Answers

I had 3 pictures in 1 and a bowed 3d screen. I replaced the fuse and re soldered the flyback. The picture looks good now but I still have the 3 in 1 picture?

The problem in in the convergence circuit not the horizontal area. There should be 2 large black ICs inside marked STKxxx. These are the convergence ICs. Try resoldering the pins on these first. Should that not resolve the problem, replace the ICs.

Please keep us posted on your progress.


Jun 13, 2010 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

Picture bowed & Colors separted

Conversions are out....RCA>>>>>>>>>>>>>check
fuse by the flyback transformer

May 19, 2010 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

1 Answer

My 52 inch rca hdtv comes on but it looks like the screen is bowed and the colour is you know of any solutions to this problem.

My rca 52 inch hdtv picture looks bowed on the top and bottom of screen. And everything looks like it has a red shadow behind it.

May 12, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Picture is blurred and bowed

ok you have a convergence problem. first check out the article the fl231 problem in the tips and tricks section it will tell you of a condition that might mean an easy repair. first check to see if you have the convergence options in the customer setup menu

Mar 15, 2009 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

Whole picture looks 3D.

This is a convergence problem. If you can solder, you can fix this yourself. Please let me know if you wish to attempt the repair and I will supply additional details and instructions. Also, please confirm your model number so I can list the correct parts.


Feb 26, 2009 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer


You need to have the convergence IC's replaced. A repair like this should run you about 300 bucks or so. In most places.

Apr 27, 2008 | Sony KP-46WT500 46" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

136 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75957 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

Steve Allison
Steve Allison

Level 3 Expert

5569 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides