Question about Samsung PCL5415RB 54" Rear Projection Television
Hardly no color adjustment. red and tint wont adjust not good picture. everything just red and green background. hardly any blue just red and green. cant converge blue wont work looks green.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 02, 2010 | Hitachi 50VF820 Projection TV
Nov 08, 2009 | Akai PDP4225M 42 in. Plasma Television
Oct 03, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 05, 2008 | Televison & Video
Sep 15, 2008 | LG 42LG50 42 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 06, 2007 | Hitachi 51F59 51" HDTV Projection...
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Jan 22, 2007 | Hitachi 50V710 50" Rear Projection...
Dec 18, 2017 | Samsung PCL5415RB 54" Rear Projection...
572 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: