IBM Laptop is turning on but it is not sustaining in the power on modde for long
The laptop was fallen down from my bike and there after the system is not working. The set turns on but within few seconds it goes off. We are doubting certain ICs as told earlier.
In case they are available we may try repairing the power module.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Power LED and battery charge LED start flickering when you wiggle the power cord or the AC adapter tip on the back or your laptop.
The battery will not get charged.
When you plug AC adapter, the laptop appears to be dead and there is no LED activity at all (DC-IN jack on the system board is broken).
Find your manual:
HMM will provide you instructions for troubleshooting, diagnostics, removal and replacement laptop hardware. All IBM HMMs are publicly available. You can find HMM for your laptop on the IBM website or you can follow the link below. All HMMs are in pdf format, so you can download them and use at your convenience. For hardware replacement instructions find "Removing and replacing a FRU" chapter.
How to try to extend the battery life are much concerned by many laptop users. Utilizing some small skills and minimize unnecessary waste of battery during the using process can make you full use of your laptop battery power. The engineers of IBM personal computer business division give vast laptop users some good suggestions here to ensure that you can maximum extend laptop battery utility time. Therefore, it will improve your work efficiency; let you enjoy mobile office work and entertainment pleasure without limits. IBM batteries on sale : IBM thinkpad t40 Battery £ 37.52 ibm thinkpad t41 battery US $ 41.24 ibm thinkpad r60 battery. US $ 71.27 IBM ThinkPad T60 Battery£ 38.51
* Turn down the brightness of the screen. At the same time, although IBM ThinkPad laptop keyboard is equipped with lights, ThinkLight, but in order to save power, it is better to turn on it when under darkness conditions.
* When not using the wireless receiver device, turn it off please. * Some users like opening CD or DVD to play music anytime, the power of battery will flow away quietly along with the music playing. Suggest everybody turn on the music only under the situation that they do want to enjoy the music. * When the battery during using process, try to fully charge and discharge the battery. * Try to avoid using it under high temperature and low temperature, for example, when you enjoy sunshine on the beach, please don’t leave your laptop in the car to enjoy SAUNA. * Use proper AC adapter for your ThinkPad laptop. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery Battery MaxiMiser management software you select the most suitable for the extension of the power program. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery management software – Battery MaxiMiser, select the power extension program which suitable for you. * Setup the standby time of monitor, hard disk and system sleep time, because it is no need to let your laptop still running at full load when you are at non-working stage. * Under the Intel SpeedStep technology effect situation, the processor based on the current load situation adjusts the speed automatically to save battery power overall. In fact, the laptop battery is a spiritual guy, after got expert advices, please treat it properly, it will bring you to enjoy a better mobile life. battery info via: http://www.sales-battery.com http://www.global-battery.co.uk
try to turn off the laptop, then remove the cables and battery on the laptop. Then press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. Reinsert the cables and battery on the pc. Turn on the pc and play games. Check if your pc could sustain. If not, try to upgrade your memory on the laptop...
first, remove any external device as well as the ac adapter and the battery. while the ac adapter and battery is out, press and hold the power button for about 15seconds. then reconnect any power source and turn on the system. if it still doesnt turn on, remove memory, expansion cards, hard drive and optical drive then turn on the system. if it's still not turning on, the motherboard is faulty. but if it do turned on, reconnect the removed components one by one so you will determine which component is causing the issue. hope it'll help. good day. =)
This is a shot in the dark, but I had a similar problem with an IBM. Turn out the Laptop Cover Sensor was stuck in its pushed down position ( The system though the lid was closed, when it was not... ), which sent the system to sleep mode before it could Initialise or get to the CMOS screen.