Question about Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8 Digital Camera
I have just bought this camera but I cannot seem to get the clock to save. Every time i turn the camera on it asks me to set the clock. Sometimes the clock even resets when the camera is turned on. I am certain I am following the instructions correctly in setting the clock. This problem is very annoying as i do not want to have to return camera. I would be very grateful for any solutions somebody can give me...
This link will give you the user instruction manual for your camera; http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vProdSupportModel?displayTab=R&surfModel=DMC-FX8K&modelNo=DMC-FX8K&storeId=15001&catalogId=11017&itemId=94211&displayServiceCenter=false# Page 19 describes the clock setting procedure - first check that you are doing everything as described, especially the "press menu button 2 times after finishing the setting" If you still have no luck, then unfortunately there is a problem with the internal clock/settings battery/cell, which should normally charge from the main battery enough for 3 months - on this camera, the internal battery is not a user replaceable item, but your warranty should allow you to get it replaced free. Sorry if bad news, hope it helps :)
Posted on Apr 18, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Alarm Clock Radio
1) Plug clock in before making any adjustments.
2) If using on East Coast- Do nothing! Time and date are set to EST- Daylight Savings time is 'On". Clock is ready to use.
3) If using in time zones other than EST. Hold the clock with LCD facing you. Lean clock back and find small button on bottom right marked P-M-C-E. Hold for 2+ sec. LCD will blink the time zone. Press button again until LCD blinks the correct time zone, CST, MNT, PACIFIC.
4) Daylight Savings time- Default is always on. If you are in a zone that does not recognize daylight savings time. Hold the clock facing you, lean clock back and on bottom left is a small button marked D. Hold 2+ seconds and the LCD will blink ON. Press again and LCD will blink OFF. Daylight savings time is now OFF.
5) If power goes out, clock will retain time and alarm will sound if in the ON position.
6) Replace batteries once every year...!
7) If clock looses time or date:
a. Hold Volume +, and Tuner + at same time for 3 seconds
b. Clock face will blink year
c. Turn outer ring of alarm to set Year
d. Press Tuner + once, turn outer ring to set Month
e. Press Tuner + once, set Day
f. Press Tuner +, set Hour
g. Press Tuner +, set Min.
h. Press Tuner + to save all settings.
You must go through all set points to have them remain in memory. (have to run thru all a - h, can't set just Day or Hour/Min, etc. without starting with Year)
Any questions please call:
Synergy Global Supply
Oct 23, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
on Mar 01, 2010 | Cameras
May 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 06, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W100 Digital Camera
Apr 05, 2009 | Emerson SmartSet CKS1850 Clock Radio
Jan 08, 2009 | AT&T 1717 Digital Answering Machine
Jan 03, 2009 | Pioneer DVR-RT500 DVD Recorder/VCR
Mar 10, 2008 | Emerson SmartSet CKS1850 Clock Radio
Apr 02, 2007 | Timex T311T Clock Radio
163 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!