Question about Motorola Mobility Moto Q
When I link up with my wife's new LG AX260 cell phone via bluetooth, the phones will not transfer files. I get a failure message on my screen that reads "(file) not sent - unknown FTP result." I am able to link up and transfer files with other smartphones, such as my sister's samsung. She is able to link up and tranfer files to my wife's LG and vica-versa, but when I try it either way with my wife's LG, I get the same failure every time. Thanks for the help.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is the case that your phone previous setup has changed back to default setting since the phone is sold to you. I have my MPX220 before and sync with Windows Xp Service Pack 2 and Activesync 4.2 and everytime I came back, they automatically recognize each other both PC and my phone. I think in your case, you need to start over again by uninstall the activesync and reinstall it and then reconnect your phone back to start from step one. I think that is only way to refresh the connection of your MPX220 and your PC. I don't know why you has these problems but usually when you are done your setup at the first time, your PC recognize your phone with the current setup you have made but when your phone is completetly dead, it wipes out all related info which is necessary for both parts to handshake and only uninstall the sync software and reinstall it from fresh can solve this problem. windows 2000 is not as stable as win xp about these tasks. If you can upgrade to wins xp, you will never worry about this again specially windows xp with service pack 2. I hope this help
Posted on Apr 11, 2007
Maybe it isnt programed correctly. U can call your sp to reprogram the device or take it to the store u bought it at and get them to reprogram it.
Posted on Nov 24, 2007
Go to your Dial Pad and dial: WWW008W. To make the W hit the menu button while in the dial pad, then hit insert->insert wait to make the W .
You should see something like:
DSP: 63343400 TECHNOLOGY
Look at the numbers at the end of the first line for the version. The version shown here is .08P.
The Following are all Generic Firmware
Change Log - Nothing has changed until 08p which includes an EQ for Real player & Screen 3.
1. Download the file Motorola_USB_Driver_32_v2.7.6 to your PC and unrar it to your desktop so you can easily find it.
2. Install a program called "RSDLite" on your PC. To Download RSD lite Click thread for the file. For trouble free installation, if you are running Windows XP, you should have Service Pack 2 installed.
3. Download the firmware file that you want to flash to and unrar it to your desktop.
4. Start up RSDLite on your PC. You may be asked to install a number of drivers (5 or 6) to your PC. Point it in the direction to the motpcsdrivers folder you unrared.
5. Put the phone in Bootloader Mode - MBM mode by turning on phone while also holding down the Camera Button and the On/off button (These need to be all be held down together). The phone should start up with a red screen and say its in MBM mode.
6. Plug phone in using usb cable.
7. RSDLite should list the phone (this may take a minute or so. If it does not close down RSDLite and restart it). Start the flash process, by clicking the button on the top with the ??? and select the firmware file to install then click ?Start?. The process will take several minutes so be patient, the screen on you phone will turn off, but RSDLite will still show progress.
8. When the "Found New Hardware" screen pops up, select ?NO? for ?Can Windows connect to Windows Update?? then select ?Y? for ?Install Software from a specific location? and point it to the motpcsdrivers folder you unrared. Once the driver has installed, click on ?Finish? on the ?Found New Hardware wizard? to continue the process.
9. You will need to install quite a few drivers ? so just keep repeating. It may ask you to manually restart the phone ? if so, unplug the cable from PC, remove the battery for 5 seconds (make sure unplugged first!), put battery back in then turn phone back on.
10. Once its fully on, go to Setup --> USB Mode and change mode from "Mass Storage" to "Modem".
11. Plug phone back into the PC using the cable. RSDLite should say "complete" or ?PASS?
12. Unplug the phone again, turn it off and on. All should be complete.
You can now restore all your contacts, calendar and tasks back to your phone using MPT. (Be sure to remove the SIM card before doing this as the recovery function from MPT deletes any contact on SIM for some reason!)
Try This This Helps
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2015 | Motorola Mobility GOOGLE 8GB MOTO G XT1032...
Jul 03, 2011 | LG GT540 Cell Phone
you might need to install a mobile phone suite which is a program that will let you install a mobile phone to a computer this will have to be specific to your phone there are a number of phone suites nokia Samsung sony ericson to name a few here is a phone suite link hope this helps
Apr 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 14, 2010 | Cell Phones
May 08, 2009 | Cell Phones
Sep 22, 2007 | Cell Phones
Oct 09, 2012 | Motorola Mobility Moto Q
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!