I have a Coby dvd/mp3/cd/picture cd player. When I insert a dvd it says no disc.
I tried several other dvds but to no avail. Any suggestions to repair? I hope I do not have to go out and get another one as this devise is not that old.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Vzon DVD Player,
Before you fix anything, you need to troubleshoot the problem first to know what needs fixing. Since DVD players can play different kind of media formats like Audio CD, VCD, mp3, etc, please try the following
1. Turn on the DVD player and set the program to DVD. some player needs to be setup due to multiple functionality (can play mp3 on flash drive, etc..)
2. insert different Media CD as mentioned above if your player will play them. (if they play, try to insert the DVD you want to play)
3. Try different DVD disc
4. If all the above don't work, try to clean the laser head using the standard disc cleaner.
5. retry the DVD disc
6. If the player still don't play your DVD, probable issue would be the laser head or the disc motor.
7. Please bring them to you nearest Electronic repair shop for further assessment.
It is a problem of the optical head being covered up by foreign particles obscuring the optical lens. Try using a CD/DVD cleaner disc which has double brushes and one add some solvent which comes along with the pack.Simply play it & keep ejecting and inserting the disc makes the disc to spin, till your player starts reading it..............................sodeep
Sounds like it's a problem with the optical sensor in the disk drive. Try and clean the little sensor with a cloth. If that doesn't work then you may have to send it back to Coby for either a warranty replacement or a repair.
Open Windows Media Player. Use the mouse to highlight the "Rip" tab. click on the little black arrow underneath the Rip tab. Select Rip Options, and change format to "Mp3". Then insert the CD into the disc drive, and then press the Rip button to begin ripping in mp3 format. You can then transfer the newly ripped mp3 files to your mp3 player using Windows Media Player or whatever software is appropriate for your Coby.
Unfortunately, your DVD player is broken. Portable units like these often get bumped and jostled and the motor that spins the DVD quits (very small and fragile). Sorry, I wish there were a magic button.