Question about PC Desktops
1. Turn on the PC and press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen appears.
The Windows advanced options menu appears.
2. Use the Up and Down Arrow and Enter keys to select Return to OS choices .
3. Select Microsoft Windows Recovery Console .
NOTE: If "Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console" is not listed, restart the PC with a Windows XP CD, Recovery Console CD, or Recovery Tools CD in the top CD or DVD drive and open Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. If a Windows XP Setup screen appears when using Recovery Console CDs, press the R key to open the Recovery Console.
NOTE: If "Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console" does not list and you do not have a CD with recovery console, try the following:
a. Turn on the PC, and press the F10 key repeatedly at the first screen.
b. At the Recovery screen, click Advanced Options .
c. Press the Alt + D keys at the same time to open a command prompt window and skip to step 5.
4. When the login prompt appears, press the number next to the windows version (minint or Windows) and type the logon password. Try pressing Enter if you do not know the password.
5. At the command prompt, type the following: diskpart
6. Press Enter , do one the following:
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2013 | Dell PC Desktops
Jun 02, 2012 | Dell PC Desktops
Oct 03, 2010 | PC Desktops
Sep 16, 2010 | PC Desktops
Dec 06, 2009 | HP Media Center m7250n (ED842AA) PC...
Sep 26, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX280 PC Desktop
May 19, 2009 | Dell Dimension 8400 PC Desktop
Jan 22, 2009 | PC Desktops
Jul 30, 2008 | PC Desktops
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!