Question about Computers & Internet
1. Turn on the PC and press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen appears.
The Windows advanced options menu appears.
2. Use the Up and Down Arrow and Enter keys to select Return to OS choices .
3. Select Microsoft Windows Recovery Console .
NOTE: If "Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console" is not listed, restart the PC with a Windows XP CD, Recovery Console CD, or Recovery Tools CD in the top CD or DVD drive and open Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. If a Windows XP Setup screen appears when using Recovery Console CDs, press the R key to open the Recovery Console.
NOTE: If "Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console" does not list and you do not have a CD with recovery console, try the following:
a. Turn on the PC, and press the F10 key repeatedly at the first screen.
b. At the Recovery screen, click Advanced Options .
c. Press the Alt + D keys at the same time to open a command prompt window and skip to step 5.
4. When the login prompt appears, press the number next to the windows version (minint or Windows) and type the logon password. Try pressing Enter if you do not know the password.
5. At the command prompt, type the following: diskpart
6. Press Enter , do one the following:
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2012 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Feb 11, 2012 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 08, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Oct 15, 2010 | Sony VAIO Notebook
Apr 05, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 5520 Notebook
May 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Dec 26, 2008 | Toshiba Tecra 8000 Notebook
Feb 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!