I have had the Sansa m230 pm3 player for several months. It had been working fine. Today, I attached it to my pc via a USB connection as usual, but couldn't see any files. The computer appears to recognize the Sandisk is there, but when I click on it, no files are seen and it won't allow me to copy new files there either. I have not knowingly changed any settings.
I looked on this forum and here is what I have tried so far, to no avail.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.
Tried to rollback the driver - it said there was no previous version.
Tried to format the sansa with and without a battery inside - it wouldn't let me.
Tried to reset all settings to default.
Restarted my computer and the mp3 players several times.
Note - If I look at the device manager, it claims there is no problem.
I am going nuts and would really appreciate any help.
Re: I can't see or copy files from my pc to the m230
I have a problem with my m230 I formatted it and then when I attempted to dowmload music to it, it says no hardware is available. I downloaded the firmware update and it is back to normal. I was able to fill it up again with a new selection from my music collection. Just follow the instructions on the update screen. it should work.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have not tried this yet but RCA support sent me this.
I suggest updating the firmware on your player. After upgrading the firmware on your player, you must use the easy rip software. This will avoid problems in the future and keep the unit updated
1. Go to www.audiovox.com 2. Go to FAQ’s in search enter M4204 3. Download firmware upgrade 4. Hold play/pause button for 15 seconds 5. Hold menu button for 10 seconds 6. Attach M4204 via USB cable while holding play/pause button 7. This should start the firmware upgrade 8. Possible an error message of “cant write to disk” will pop up 9. Firmware upgrade will end with error do not close 10. Go to My Computer find the drive that holds the MP3 player 11. Right click scroll down to format, format the player 12. Run firmware upgrade again
Same thing happened to me... try this...
1) disconnect all cables
2) turn power on (hold menu button until screen lights up)
3) Press "menu"
4) scroll down to "settings"
5) scroll down to "USB"
6) select "MSC" (default is probably auto detect - which I think there's a conflict with)
7) turn power off (holding the menu button down)
8) connect USB to computer and hopefully start loading files
I bought 2 of the 512 models, one didn't work... so I took it back and had to buy a 2gig model... got home and it didn't work! I tried the above for the new one and at least the computer recognizes it! Everything seems to work fine...for now...
hi me too had the same problem, but for me it was not working merely more than four months and today(2007 june 12) finally i tried it with my PC. What i did i connected it with my PC with locking the device (using the hold button in the opp side of the menu button it has to show the orange face once u pushed it off)more than one hour with the screen of "San disk Initilizing", after an hour i tried with san disk firmware and many tools nothing to do.
Finally what i did "realy its amazing to u all,even u people cant beleive it, but it is true", simply i pressed the menu button twice or thrice and no result then i had beat the device it has been worked fine its showned the screen as USB connected by MSC.
Remove the battery from the player. Enable the hold switch and connect the player to the computer. Right-click on My Computer and choose Manage. Click on disk management if the player is listed there right click it and choose format. This will erase all the songs on the player. If the player is not listed there try another usb port. If all else fails try calling sandisk to see if there are other steps they could provide.