Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console
If the X-Box is trying to connect wirelessly to your network, you might need to access the router page and check the wireless settings and make sure that you have the correct encryption or network key, Check the MAC address filtering of the router and make sure that it is disabled or it is off, If you are using a D-link router it is under the Advance tab, Network filter, on the other routers mostly they are under security options, Now after checking those on your router follow the following steps
- Go to the X-Box Dashboard
- Go to Network settings
- If the X-Box is wireless you should have on option for wireless at the bottom of the page
- Select your wireless network and test the X-Box Live
- If it is a wired connections
- Test X-Box Live It should now all connect and confirm the IP, DNS, ICMP
- NAT may show as strict but it should be able to connect to X-Box Live
- If you want to Set the NAT to Open
- Check the IP address of the X-Box by going to Network settings then Edit settings
- Then go to the computer again
- Access the router page
- Go to port forwarding normally located under an advance tab
- Open the ports UDP 88, UDP 3074, and TCP 3074 (here's one example, http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-655/Xbox_Live_360.htm)
- The IP address field must be filled with the IP address you got from the X-Box
Hopefully this solve's your problem sir
brakke_usaf..Good Luck and Merry Christmas to you and your family..
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 20, 2012 | TP-LINK TL-MR3420 Wireless Router
Sep 05, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 04, 2008 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 21, 2008 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: