Question about HP Pavilion a1640n (RC663AA) PC Desktop
I have a HP Pavilion A1640N connected via a wireless modem. Frequently (several times a day) I am disconnected from the Internet even though I continue to have a strong wireless signal. This has occurred (it seems to me) when I am browsing the Web and clicking on a link supplied by a previous link, etc., etc. This also happens when I click on a link (or links) given to me via an email. I leave my PC on overnight. Almost always it will have been disconnected by the morning (NOT always). Again, my modem signal is strong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Usual causes of Internet Disconnection:
1. System is Cluttered by junk files, cache files and other unnecessary files.
2. More client-applications installed that needs server connection
3. Block by your own firewall application
1. Clear History Files, Cache Files, Cookies and Junk Files. You can use CCleaner Application or Advanced SystemCare Application to clear History Files, Cache Files, Cookies and Junk Files
and even optimize your system performance.
2. Temporarily remove client-applications installed that needs server connection.
3. Disable your own Firewall Application temporarily
4. Refresh Network connection by Disabling and Enabling it.
5. If you are connected to a Router, restart your Router if not, reset it..
These might help you.
Posted on Jun 14, 2015
Pls check if there any virus becoz this could happen due to some heavy virus downloads or distruption. Update your anti virus software properly. There are so many viruses and Worms which can distrupt your wireless internet.
Secondly, your wireless configration software has been corrupted. pls re-install it.
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2017 | Internet Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Jun 25, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2014 | Dell Vostro Computers & Internet
Aug 11, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Apr 06, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Feb 07, 2011 | Panasonic Toughbook 19 Laptop Convertible...
Feb 05, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Aug 19, 2008 | Toshiba Qosmio G25-AV513 Notebook
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: