Question about HP Pavilion a1640n (RC663AA) PC Desktop
I have a HP Pavilion A1640N connected via a wireless modem. Frequently (several times a day) I am disconnected from the Internet even though I continue to have a strong wireless signal. This has occurred (it seems to me) when I am browsing the Web and clicking on a link supplied by a previous link, etc., etc. This also happens when I click on a link (or links) given to me via an email. I leave my PC on overnight. Almost always it will have been disconnected by the morning (NOT always). Again, my modem signal is strong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Usual causes of Internet Disconnection:
1. System is Cluttered by junk files, cache files and other unnecessary files.
2. More client-applications installed that needs server connection
3. Block by your own firewall application
1. Clear History Files, Cache Files, Cookies and Junk Files. You can use CCleaner Application or Advanced SystemCare Application to clear History Files, Cache Files, Cookies and Junk Files
and even optimize your system performance.
2. Temporarily remove client-applications installed that needs server connection.
3. Disable your own Firewall Application temporarily
4. Refresh Network connection by Disabling and Enabling it.
5. If you are connected to a Router, restart your Router if not, reset it..
These might help you.
Posted on Jun 14, 2015
Pls check if there any virus becoz this could happen due to some heavy virus downloads or distruption. Update your anti virus software properly. There are so many viruses and Worms which can distrupt your wireless internet.
Secondly, your wireless configration software has been corrupted. pls re-install it.
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2014 | HP Pavilion Slimline s5710f Desktop PC
Jan 09, 2011 | HP Pavilion a1640n (RC663AA) PC Desktop
Jun 05, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1610NX (ED865AA) PC...
May 11, 2009 | HP Pavilion a614n PC Desktop
Feb 23, 2009 | HP Pavilion a1640n (RC663AA) PC Desktop
Sep 05, 2008 | Belkin PC Desktops
Jul 03, 2008 | PC Desktops
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: