Question about Hisense TL-3220 Television
You posted earlier this year on changing a capacitor on a power board. Can you help in identifying this power board and capacitors? My model is the TL2020. From what it appears everyone who has bought this model has the same problem.
Had same problem and changed caps, worked great and only cost me about $6. I did use same spec caps bought from local electronic store.
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
Follow the power cord to the board. that is the main power board. the capacitors are near the top center (aprox 3/16" diamiter and 5/8" long ) three of them. replace all three . firemarshel@yahoo
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2016 | Televison & Video
Nov 26, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Workup for repair
Diagnosis for Magnavox 32MD251D/37
• Will not power on
• Once on, if turned off power might not return
• Does not respond to power cycling
• Overloaded fuse
• Damaged/fried power board
• Damaged/fried inverter board
• Damage to wiring or related
• Overloaded capacitors on power board - I identified this based on a visual inspection and a multi meter test
• Capacitor 2079 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• Capacitor 2080 appears overloaded - 1200uf 35v
• The capacitors referenced regulate the voltage controlling the power. These caps have a limited lifetime in hours which is usually around 3000. The device was left on for an extended period of time overloading these essential components.
1. I will order a set of replacement capacitors
2. Discharge board prior to work
3. Remove and replace damaged capacitors
Required Parts (total cost $30):
• (2) Vented axial 1200uF 35v Capacitors - $8
• Variable wattage soldering iron (minimum 35w) - $22
Feb 10, 2013 | Magnavox 32MD251D/37 Tabletop Pedestal...
Nov 21, 2011 | LG FLATRON M2900SBN 29 inch Monitor
Sep 23, 2011 | Polaroid FLM-3732 Television
Sep 19, 2011 | Televison & Video
Aug 29, 2011 | Televison & Video
Feb 01, 2010 | Samsung LN40A450 LCD TV
Mar 22, 2009 | Westinghouse Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2008 | Philips 32MF231D Television
366 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!