Just bought a used ipod on ebay and it seems to work fine but cannot get it to be recognised in itunes so that I can add new music or remove music already on it. Can you help as it is an Xmas pressie for my daughter.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: used ipod wont recognise in itunes
If you are on a PC the most common reason for iTunes not recognising is because of driver corruption. The easiest way to resolve this is to download the very latest version of it from the Apple site and reinstalling it. If that doesnt work, reset the device by holding down Menu and Select until the Apple logo appears then hold down Select and Play together until the display reads 'OK to Disconnect'. Now connect it to your PC. iTunes should now recognise it and you should click the 'restore' button on the ipod main page of iTunes.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Reset or restore your iPod for a try, this can fix many general iPod problems.
2. You may try this iTunes alternative, I always use it to upload music and video to my iPod once my iTunes can't recognize my iPod, my friends recommend it to me, it's safe and works pretty well, you can also use it to copy music and video from ipod to computer for backup, it's useful when you lost your iTunes library.
3. Upgrade or re-install iTunes for a try, this is the method that I got from Apple technical support. Hope it helps. Contact me if you have any other question.
If your computer is recognising other ipods and not yours there is a possibility of somethin being wrong with your ipod.You can always get it replaced.Or else maybe you should check the USB cable you are using to conect.
Finally try your ipod on another computer.
This oughta help you arrive at a conclusion.
and if i helped u solve ur problem in any way...please help me by clicking on the fixya rating.. thank you.
ipods are only designed for itunes so windows shouldn't recognise media player, any way, the new software for ipod touches is greater, meaning your computer/windows media player wont recognise it, only itunes will.
You should try connecting the iPod to a different computer and see if it works. If it doesn't work, you should try connecting with a different USB cable if you can get a hold of one. One of the two should be your problem (a defective USB port on the computer or a defective iPod USB cable).
If you install the itunes version 7.5 that you downloaded, you wont lose your music library. It is a separate file from the programs installation files. You don't need to uninstall the previous version, the new one will install on top of it.