When I press start the display looks like it's on but nothing else works. No fan, no hum, no turntable. After three seconds I hear a click and it shuts off. It does the same no matter what type of heating function I input. The clock and timer work and I can input changes to the functions menu.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are two things that come to mind, the magnetron is starting to fail, or the strapping has come loose on the fan motor housing, unplug microwave oven and remove top, [several screws] carefully inspect the fan for any loose mounts and tighten.
It is more than likely the magnetron is fried, to replace fuse! unplug microwave oven, remove top, "several screws" look to the right to the keypad control board, look down to a printed circuit board, clipped fuse should be near by, pop it out and replace with same current rating, assemble before testing, "lethal voltages present"
Okay, first we need to separate the situations. You were boiling water on the stove and had the range hood fan running to **** up the steam. Then you put something in the microwave to heat and you heard a pop and then zip-o.
The water on the stove has nothing to do with the situation, the fan you turn on is not part of the microwave, so it has nothing to do with the microwave.
The pop you heard and then the humming suggests the magnetron failed. You said you found a blow fuse and replaced it and still nothing, right? The magnetron is the most likely culprit...I would think it is safe to say that the magnetron shorted and drew enough current to blow the fuse.
Replace the magnetron and if that doesn't work, let me know here. Good Luck!
The fact that the microwave and convection both do not heat indicated that the oven is in demo mode, check the user manual, otherwise it will possibly be a relay not triggering, may need a pcb replacement, check Demo mode 1st....Phil
It sounds like your controller may be failing.
Or it could be an electrical line problem. Any other electrical itmes giving you trouble?
Has anyone measured the voltage level of your power line? It should be around 110-125 volts AC.
If it's significantly lower or higher, you may have a bad connection in your breaker panel or in the wiring leading to the home.