Question about Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
I have my psp 2001, and updated to software version to 5.1,,, i cnt play .cso and .iso file format and i got an advice to update it's custom firmware, i have 3.71 m33 and i save it UPDATE folder inside GAME folder, i disconnect my psp and i run the program,,, at first it seems work, the psp restarted but then a msg show like this " a game could not started error 80020148.... i dunno what's wrong and how to solve this problem...
i dunno what's the proper configuration to updage it's custom firmware....i have read some sites regarding updating custom firmware and i tried to followed them,,,,but i'm always end at nothing....
pls anyone help me and give me step by step procedure,,, and files i needed to complete my psp update ....
thanks in advance.....
My sons psp was used and it work when we got and now the green light comes on but wont stay on. Also no picture comes up on the sceen. How do i know if i need a new battery?
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2011 | Sony PSP 2000 Console
There are two ways to install games on your Sony PSP (Play Station Portable).
The legit way is to buy original UMDs and insert them in your PSP and game on.
For the not-so-affluent, you can install Custom Firmware (CFW) on your PSP and thendownload games off the internet and copy them to your PSP and play them.
Play ISO / CSO Games on your PSP
1. Install Custom Firmware:
- There are scores of tutorials on the net on how to do this. The easier way out would be to go to any console shop, and get your PSP modded with CFW for around Rs. 200 / $5.
- A detailed tutorial on this coming up soon.
2. Download the Game ISO / CSO.
- Next, search for the game you want, and download the ISO / CSO of the game from torrent sites or any warez forums. Most of the times, the ISO / CSO is compressed into a RAR file so you will need to extract it first using WINRAR.
3. Copy the ISO / CSO to your PSP
- Connect the PSP to your computer using the data cable and goto Settings > USB Connection.
- Open your PSP drive in My Computer, and goto the ISO folder. If it isn't there already, create a new folder and rename it to ISO.
- Copy your ISO or CSO files to the ISO folder and disconnect your PSP from the computer.
4. Play the Game on your PSP
- Goto the GAME icon > Memory Stick and select the Game you just copied. Press 'X' and game on.
1. You need to have CFW (Custom Firmware) installed in order to use ISO / CSO games on your PSP. The latest version of CFW is 5.00 M33-4.
2. The latest PSP 2004 with TA 088 v3 chips and the PSP 3000 aren't moddable yet.
May 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 27, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 04, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Aug 31, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 03, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Dec 04, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Dec 03, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Nov 25, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Aug 26, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: