Question about Lenovo R61 T7300 Notebook
The desktop only shows but they no task bar and no icon, it is only the desktop showing.
Well most likely you have a virus that is causing this. there are three programs you will need to download and run full scans with. this will take some time so make sure you are settled in for this. viruses are such a drag. if you can i would suggest you copy and paste these instructions and print them from another computer so you have them.
ok here we go.
1) boot your computer
2) when you get to your blank desktop press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
This will bring up your Task Manager
3) Click on "FILE" -> New Task (Run...)
4) Type in EXPLORER.EXE and click ok, this will bring up your desktop
5) open an internet browser (IE,Firefox), time to download. save these files to your desktop to make this easier
6) go to --
Click on Download now, this is "ad-aware-free"
7) go to --
click on the green download button- this is "malwarebytes"
8) go to --
click on the little download now button with the checkmark lookin thing in it file size 14,380 kb. NOT the big oval "download now" button at the top. this "SpyBot - Search and Destroy"
Now that the downloads are done its time to install and run them
9) click on the Ad-aware install file. follow all instructions to install it. Run Ad-Aware when it opens up click on the little scan tab on the left. click on Full Scan in the middle. click on Scan at the bottom right corner. this may take a while depending on your system. when its done make sure all items are checked and click remove. click on the Privacy Objects tab and do the same. then you can close the program
10) click on the malwarebytes install icon, may be named something like MBAM. follow instructions to install. run malwarebytes. click on the update tab at the top. then click on update now and let it update. it may want to reboot, if so, reboot and follow steps 2-4 and restart malwarebytes. otherwise click on the SCANNER tab at the top. click on Perform Full Scan. Click Scan. when its done make sure all infections, if any are checked and click Fix Problems. when done close program
11) click on the spybot install icon. follow instructions to install. when asked to imunize, back up registry etc just click next. when asked to update, go ahead and update it. when done click start using spybot. click on Check For Problems. when done click on Fix Problems. when its done close the program.
OH YEAH that took a while. i know. take a break, cus now its time for a little house cleaning.
12) goto --
and click on the green arrow-download latest version -- this is ccleaner, install it and run it
13) click on REGISTRY on the left. click on scan for issues. click Fix Selected Issues. click Yes. click Save. click Fix Issues. click close. click CLEANER on the left side. click Analyze. click Run Cleaner. click OK. when done close program.
14) go ahead and reboot. if your desktop still does not come back let me know and we will fix what the viruses did to that.
Let me know :)
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 06, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...
Nov 10, 2009 | Acer LX.W530X.012 Gateway M7325u 15.4in...
Sep 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 18, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 16, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Mar 04, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebook
Aug 03, 2008 | Packard Bell Computers & Internet
Jul 30, 2008 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Sep 24, 2007 | HP Pavilion a815n (PS512AA) PC Desktop
Apr 10, 2013 | Lenovo R61 T7300 Notebook
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: