When trying to open any of my microsoft word documents that have been saved 2 windows pop up. The first one saying windows can't find,Make sure you typed the name corectly and try again. The second window says Error. The operating system is not presently configured to
run this application.
Open Word 2007 and create a new document, then save it and close Word. What happens when you try to reopen the document you just created?
If you still get the error, go to the Office button in the top left corner of your Word screen and click the "Word Options" button at the bottom of the resulting screen. Select Resources and run the Office diagnostics from the link provided. Also make sure you have installed any applicable updates.
Please rate this solution!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you don't like the price of Office 2010, try Open Office: http://www.openoffice.org/
Open office will open and save documents as .doc (Microsoft documents) so they can be read by Microsoft Office products. Open Office really is a good product, and it is FREE.
if you have excel 2007 you can save the file into excel 2003 compatibility
if you have excel 2003 need download compatibility pack from this page http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en install it and success!
WordStar 6.0 is a defunct word processing program whose file formats must beconverted for use in another program. Microsoft Word for Windows has asupplemental converter pack that is used to convert WordStar files into Worddocuments. The converter pack must be downloaded from the Microsoft websitebefore any files can be converted. This process takes only a few minutes;afterward, files can be converted without any problem using the "SaveAs" function.
1. Go to Microsoft's ftp site (see Resources forlink). A window will automatically pop up that says "You have chosen toopen wdsupcnv.exe." Click "Save File."
2. Run thewdsupcnv.exe file and copy the convertor files and the readme.rtf file byselecting them and holding "Ctrl" and "C" at the same time.
3. Open the properMicrosoft directory by opening C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicrosoftShared\Textconv directory.
4. Paste the filesinto the Textconv directory.
5. Right-click onyour WordStar 6.0 file and select the "Open As" choice from thedrop-down menu.
6. Choose"Microsoft Word for Windows" from the selection of programs in thepop-up window. This will automatically add the needed filter to your Wordprogram.
7. Go to"File" at the top of the Word window and choose "Save As."You will be given the option to save the WordStar 6.0 file as a Microsoft Wordfor Windows file. Click on the Word 95, Word 97-2003 or Word Document Options(for Word 2007) option from the Save As Type drop-down menu depending on whichyear of the program you are using.Read more: How to Convert WordStar 6.0 to Word for Windows ' eHow.com
The X stands for XML (Extensible Markup Language), which is the programming language behind the scenes in Office 2007 programs.
Previous versions of Word were based on binary data. Binary data is, by nature, prone to corruption, and "bloated."
By changing the background code, Microsoft was able to create new tools and features in Word 2007 that would not have been possible otherwise.
After typing the document, save it as a word document NOT as a text document. If you save it as a text document Microsoft Word will not open it automatically. Hope this will work for you. If you find this solution helpful, please give a rating luciana44
You can open docx extension files only with MS Office 2007. If you wish to open it in earlier versions you have to save it again in compatible mode. Click on File (top left most corner with the logo), Save As, Word 97-2003 Document. Just using Save option will save your document as "docx" and not "doc" document.