An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: lenovo y410 web cam drivers for xp
1. Try the Updated Windows XP Professional SP2 (verison 5.1.2600) to the most latest and greatest update 2. Trt to check if the camera is working .. If not, 3. Download the integrated camera creative drive from dell .. website . here's the link
4. Install the above driver, restart your computer 5. After restart press Fn+Esc key .. to enable the camera. (You should see a small pic icon on the right side bottom of the screen) 6. The hardware wizard will detect a new USB Webcam
*Note: The above link also works for lenovo. Please rate me if you already have the result.. thanks..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The reason why you are not getting sound and cannot use web cam is because of missing drivers. Please be informed that for this specific machine, Lenovo only released drivers which are compatible for Windows XP and Vista 32bit. Kindly visit this link for your reference. DRIVERS
If you'd like to use again the sound and web cam of your system you need to restore the system to it's factory settings. I have provided a link that you can go to for the process. Click here.
Lenovo 3000 Y410 is not designed for windows 7, I don't think that Lenovo will make drivers for windows 7, you can try to install the Vista drivers. here is the link for 32 bit, they did not release any 64 bit drivers for this model. you can download and save the drivers to your computer then right click the installer then click properties, click the compatibility tab then select run this program in compatibility for Vista Service pack 2. If it still doesnt work you can try to run Windows update and hopefully microsoft have some patch for that.
Hope This help.
there may be incompatibility issues with that. have you checked on the device manager if the drivers were installed fine? if still none of them worked, you may need to revert it to your previous OS which is your vista. and to do that you just have to run the one key recovery which is the smaller button beside the power button. turn pc on using that button. be sure that your ac adapter is plugged in when you do that. and also back up all your files.
Shut down and restart the system. Also go online and look for updated drivers web cam drivers that work on Vista. Stick with XP, because there are less compatibility issues with peripherals. Vista sucks a.s and is truly the bastard child of Bill Gates. Windows 7 looks promising, but only time will tell.