Question about Yamaha HTR-5890 Receiver
I have contunuity between the input and output on the high side. The 10a fuse was open i replaced with the same result click but nothing else. Can I buy a new transformer? Where can I find one. I have klipsh F3 synergy towers with a 12" klipsh sub. I was running the reciever @ full throttle. I wonder if the cooling fan was working because she always runs hot and I never hear the fan?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You may reset your unit, to do so here is the procedure.
1. Depress the MASTER little Button so it has to be in the OFF position
2. press simuntaneously the A/B/C/D/E and TUNNING/CH > buttons and the press MASTER again
3. Keep the two buttons pressed until the SLEEP blinks on th display, at this point you will see a message that last for maybe 3 seconds,
4. after the message you will see the number 1 and a series of numbers on the first row and the word MARGIN on the second row.
5. Turn the PROGRAM knob until you reach tothe number 11 FAC PRESET on the first row and PRESET INH on the second row
6. press the TUNNING/CH > button once, and the message on the second row will display PRESET RSRV
7. Press the MASTER again and your unit will have the factory settings.
I Hope this solve your problem
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
SOURCE: Yamaha RX-V420 No power
If the standby voltage exists, the next step is to see whether or not the clock is working. Find the main micro chip. There should be a 3 legged crystal close by. You should see this oscillate (use a scope). No oscillation = no micro control = no turn on. It is possible that the micro is bad or the crysal is bad. Also, check to be sure that the output transistors are not shorted. It is also possible that these are preventing the system from turning on.
Posted on May 12, 2008
if you do not have the digital hook up from the tv to the reciever
then you will not get the subwoofer sounds or the dolby digital sounds
if you don't have this on your tv then just turn off the dolby digital when watching the tv , and you should be able to hear the subwoofer thru the virtual surround sound
hope this info is worth a fixya and if you need other help then just ask me and
i'll be glad to help
Posted on Nov 23, 2008
Subwoofer needs to be enabled through menu on Yamaha. LINE OUT might be turned off or Subwoofer volume set to low or off... (-db level) kinda thing...speaker wires are usually always live etc...
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
First - make sure it is not a defective cable by reversing the leads/colors on the inputs if problem then goes to the right channel then you know it is a bad cable/RCA, etc., connector. I would try that first.
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2016 | Yamaha HTR-5890 Receiver
Sep 30, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
Feb 02, 2010 | Yamaha HTR-5890 Receiver
Dec 29, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Oct 14, 2009 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Jun 11, 2009 | Yamaha RX-V2600 Receiver
Apr 19, 2009 | 2003 Lincoln Navigator
Aug 10, 2008 | Technics SL-1200MK2 Turntable
Feb 23, 2013 | Yamaha HTR-5890 Receiver
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!